Anyone run a Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15 on their 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can someone post photos of their truck with these tires on? Trying to see how they’d look.

Trying to get out of my e load ko2’s and torn between the Yokohamas, bfg trail terrain, or the general atx in p sizes.

Can someone post photos of their truck with these tires on? Trying to see how they’d look.

Trying to get out of my e load ko2’s and torn between the Yokohamas, bfg trail terrain, or the general atx in p sizes.

Not sure what you'll be able to tell by a pic. You need to look at the Tire itself, not what it looks like on the vehicle. ALL tires will look round and that's about it.

But for your entertainment, here are mine (second set) on my LX470.

Tire Geolander GO15.png

New Tires1.jpg

AHC2.jpg
AHC2a.jpg

Fantastic tire. I’ve several sets of them since 2014 with great results. I eventually moved up a size and went to their M/T, but I wouldn’t hesitate to run them again

F6DE711F-00E9-4C52-B9CD-CD86F9D6D9CC.jpeg

17BA06ED-0D49-4644-8BAB-233B5869CDA2.jpeg

Not sure what you'll be able to tell by a pic. You need to look at the Tire itself, not what it looks like on the vehicle. ALL tires will look round and that's about it.

But for your entertainment, here are mine (second set) on my LX470.

View attachment 3153590
View attachment 3153591
View attachment 3153592View attachment 3153593
Yes, round, I understand. But coming from ko2’s on a built and lifted 100, I don’t want something that’s too soft looking. I’ve noticed a lot of the middle of the road at tires have very smooth sidewalls, rounded shoulders and narrow tread, I’m trying to avoid that if possible.

In order , I’m between the,
-Yokohama
- sumitomo encounter
-Bridgestone revo
-new trail terrain

All in sl or xl, no e load ever again.

considering how garbage the ko2’s were to balance, maybe no bfg, but I like the tread. Plus I’ve had great luck with Japanese tires.

Yes, round, I understand. But coming from ko2’s on a built and lifted 100, I don’t want something that’s too soft looking. I’ve noticed a lot of the middle of the road at tires have very smooth sidewalls, rounded shoulders and narrow tread, I’m trying to avoid that if possible.

In order , I’m between the,
-Yokohama
- sumitomo encounter
-Bridgestone revo
-new trail terrain

All in sl or xl, no e load ever again.

considering how garbage the ko2’s were to balance, maybe no bfg, but I like the tread. Plus I’ve had great luck with Japanese tires.

Ran Revo's for years (through a few changing tread designs) and none of them lasted very long. Been happy with the Yoko's on the 100 series (285/75-16, 10 ply) and Cooper Discoverer S/T on the 80 series (285/75-16, 10 ply).

Yoko:

Tire Geolander GO15.png

Cooper:

cooper-discoverer-st-maxx.jpg

BBE55E43-3F3A-4F50-860F-18B8767F73EF.jpeg

2A15E990-A58F-4115-A777-1B2913CA47C8.jpeg
9F81C5FA-880C-4AC6-BAD7-B3A937990A74.jpeg

No complaints on the GO15s, great all around tire. We have done multiple 1200 mile road trips on them and they do well in all conditions.

Looks like Yokohama might be the one tbh.

Are y'all running LT or the P version? I think no more LT for me unless I can be convinced otherwise.

Looks like Yokohama might be the one tbh.

Are y'all running LT or the P version? I think no more LT for me unless I can be convinced otherwise.

If you are mostly On-Road and comfort is your main concern, then P Version.

I wanted a 10 ply tire so went with LT.

I had some brand new G015 in the 275/70/16 size on my LX when first bought it. They were not on long before I installed a lift and 35's so I cannot say how well they are on a Landcruiser, but I put them on the Land Rover Discovery that I built for my daughter and they are surprisingly quiet on the road and fantastic offroad at 20 PSI.

Wheel lift.jpg

Edit, I did find a pic of my LX just after the lift was installed with the Yokohoma's on.
driveway.jpg

I had some brand new G015 in the 275/70/16 size on my LX when first bought it. They were not on long before I installed a lift and 35's so I cannot say how well they are on a Landcruiser, but I put them on the Land Rover Discovery that I built for my daughter and they are surprisingly quiet on the road and fantastic offroad at 20 PSI.

View attachment 3155518

Edit, I did find a pic of my LX just after the lift was installed with the Yokohoma's on.
View attachment 3155524

I haven't used mine off-road too much, just on the ranch roads mostly. They aren't a mud tire obviously, but have done well on everything else I've encountered.

My main reason for choosing them was to have a good open shouldered rain tire for my Wife's Daily Driver, but also something that would hold up on the FM Rd we live off of and the ranch roads on the property.

We are on our second set now. First set gave about 40K service. I replace tires well before what most folks do....because once I see about 1/3rd tread depth left....I don't feel as if they can handle wet roads (with standing water) well enough for my liking. Dry roads....yeah, get another 15K out of them.

I have no trouble recommending them.

You may have made your decision already but here’s mine. Had them since Jan and very happy so far.
Nice truck. What size are these?

I'm set on the G015, but can't decide between the 285/75/16 (E) or 265/75/16 (P) - 90% on road, 10% on light trails.

Weight diff between the two (57lb vs 42lb) is throwing me off.

I'm set on the G015, but can't decide between the 285/75/16 (E) or 265/75/16 (P) - 90% on road, 10% on light trails.

Thank you. They are the stock size. 275 I believe.

yes i hav
Kind of looking at these. Need to put some tires on the LX470 and not really a fan of the Michelin Defender.

Been running Bridgestone Revo II's on the 80 series for years (on my 4th set) but the LX470 will rarely leave the road and I wonder if the Geolander might provide better tread wear?

I like the Revo...but its not a particularly long lasting tire (at least not my 80), so I can't imagine they would do any better on the 100 series. Hence....my inspiration to look at something else.

90% highway use (Wife' DD) and occasional dirt/mud roads here on the ranch.

285/75R16 10 ply....regardless what tire I end up with.

Thanks for any advice

yes i am currently running them but i would say that they a great performing but the soft side wall is a limiting factor for offroad

DO NOT GET THE E LOAD TIRES.
Just don't.

Unsprung weight and extra tires reinforcements are a B*@ch.

Last edited:
PXL_20221010_160827465.jpg
PXL_20220107_155540913.jpg

I have about 13K miles on them so far. Wear has been excellent, noise has been excellent, and snow traction has been really, really good. they don't pack, and the smaller, sharper lugs really translate well to packed snow traction. really kind of a perfect all-around tire, imo.

I had 4 sets on my last two 4runners, each performed very well and lasted over 50k. I'll be putting some on my stock LC very soon 275/70/18 I'm thinking.

View attachment 3157887View attachment 3157888

I have about 13K miles on them so far. Wear has been excellent, noise has been excellent, and snow traction has been really, really good. they don't pack, and the smaller, sharper lugs really translate well to packed snow traction. really kind of a perfect all-around tire, imo.

Now THOSE are some helpful pics. Good job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom