Anybody have RC Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are limited on your upgrades. Even your kids will get tired of it quicker. Go for a 1/10 Red Cat gen 7 if you want to start cheap. They are a scaler frame and get a lexan body.

I am bringing mine to RR! Stump will probably bring his TRX4 also.

You are limited on your upgrades. Even your kids will get tired of it quicker. Go for a 1/10 Red Cat gen 7 if you want to start cheap. They are a scaler frame and get a lexan body.

I am bringing mine to RR! Stump will probably bring his TRX4 also.
Ok. Stop hasslin me. Ill get a 1/10... jeez guys...

Check out the keystone rc thread in the keystone clubhouse for an exhaustive discussion regarding RC 4x4 options.
I went the “buy once, cry once” route and got a TRX-4 kit and a 70 series body. I knew what I wanted the truck to do and based my decision on my wheeling experience and that I wanted a truck that mimicked a full size 4x4.
I have close to a grand one all tallied. But I will say that you are better served buying a quality RC the 1st time around because there are more options for hopping up the truck over a period of time.
IMG_20180901_223134.jpg

IMG_20180830_221607.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the keystone rc thread in the keystone clubhouse for an exhaustive discussion regarding RC 4x4 options.
I went the “buy once, cry once” route and got a TRX-4 kit and a 70 series body. I knew what I wanted the truck to do and based my decision on my wheeling experience and that I wanted a truck that mimicked a full size 4x4.
I have close to a grand one all tallied. But I will say that you are better served buying a quality RC the 1st time around because there are more options for hopping up the truck over a period of time.
View attachment 1954297

View attachment 1954306
Very nice truck... especially love the hardbody 70. Yeah- I just stopped by Hobby Hangar after work today for some ideas... I'm really liking the axial Honcho "Ute"...
Axial Racing - SCX10 II™ Trail Honcho 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

I need to stop looking at what you guys post here.. its just helping me justify another money pit

i got my little guy(7) a TRX4 Sport. so far its been great for him. when stuff breaks on it is when we upgrade. so far only the steering servo has gone out on his.

Dear lord, pretty soon guys are gonna start posting their RC build under their rig list and Mud info. I do have to get one of these myself. Forget the China and toasters. I need to register for one of these for the wedding!
When I do get one, which will be somewhat soon, I’m looking for recommendations for quality up front for extra $$$ and hopefully it doesn’t break too often. An FJ40 or 45 body I think.

There are several options.
I went the cheaper route with a Red Cat E10. If The TRX-4 kit was available when I purchased mine I would have gone that way.
If you are going to crawl/play with it I would stay away from the Tamiya View attachment 1952897
Will any 1/10 FJ body fit on the Red Cat E10?

I need to stop looking at what you guys post here.. its just helping me justify another money pit
Hahaha, same. I'll never get the LS swapped Volvo 240 done at this rate...

No it will not stock you will have to shorten the track bars. I would look at the Red Cat Gen 4. The 40 body is not going to fit straight down on any of the 1/10 rigs. But that’s part of the fun. Cut down the track bars. Shorten the drive shafts. The E10 is more of a Comp. crawler the Gen 4 is more of a scale crawler.

image.jpg

For reference my stock E10 chassis and Tamiya FJ40 body.
I made a mold of this body and formed my orange FJ45 body in a home built vacuum former.

No it will not stock you will have to shorten the track bars. I would look at the Red Cat Gen 4. The 40 body is not going to fit straight down on any of the 1/10 rigs. But that’s part of the fun. Cut down the track bars. Shorten the drive shafts. The E10 is more of a Comp. crawler the Gen 4 is more of a scale crawler.

View attachment 1955838
For reference my stock E10 chassis and Tamiya FJ40 body.
I made a mold of this body and formed my orange FJ45 body in a home built vacuum former.
Ok. Thank you for the insight... I'll post up when I have this all sorted or maybe Ill just bring a 1/10 rig out to kilroys next meeting

Edit: - Home built vacuum former?!?!? You're a badass... that is totally amazing.

These things look so badass! Maybe I can convince the lady to buy me one as an anniversary present?

I ended up liberating Mr. Honcho from the shelves of Hobby Hangar. He’s already climbing all over the furniture but he doesn't eat much. Took him out for a hike this morning. Wife likes him too.

D2385C3E-D4D5-4A18-AE7D-1257AAD280E6.jpeg

C3470C60-8467-433C-A32E-54D8F674F175.jpeg

EC507D1B-795D-4C5E-9B94-FD9764B18B60.jpeg

BB2EAD77-B9E8-4686-BE7F-26E1F8545DCD.jpeg

I ended up liberating Mr. Honcho from the shelves of Hobby Hangar. He’s already climbing all over the furniture but he doesn't eat much. Took him out for a hike this morning. Wife likes him too.

View attachment 1957611

View attachment 1957613

View attachment 1957610

View attachment 1957612
Very nice! Welcome to another affliction...
Now, how many batteries do you have? I have two 3S and one 2S, and they serve me just fine.

You also need start stockpiling spare parts and special tools.
Steering servo, servo horn, and steering hardware would be my first purchases.
15557870554407171709025569305218.jpg
1555787078470412882360948869342.jpg

Very nice! Welcome to another affliction...
Now, how many batteries do you have? I have two 3S and one 2S, and they serve me just fine.

You also need start stockpiling spare parts and special tools.
Steering servo, servo horn, and steering hardware would be my first purchases.
View attachment 1957623View attachment 1957624
It came with lots of factory spare parts for the body and links, etc. I've got one 2S lipo and a prophet charger. Pretty stoked. Well see how she holds up!

Last edited:
And thus it begins ...

@PRADO3 congratulations! You picked a fine machine!

Anyone bringing 1 to RR? Received my offer letter for a new job yesterday and can justify buying myself one. But definitely want to see some in action in person before doing so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom