any thoughts on where to find an AC condenser for an FJ62? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully this will help. I was mistaken with who found and made fit a good condenser. It was @red66toy in this thread here:

I'm wondering if it would be economically feasible for a vendor here to build up and sell conversion kits (brackets and custom AC lines) that would allow easier retrofitting of this condenser now that OEM units seem to be completely gone.
Because there are so many different condenser brands and sizes that could be a little tricky. Brackets are super easy to make though! The lines on the other hand could be difficult to make universal to sell for retrofits. Small variations in the condensers people buy could make the hoses not fit well. Also, differences in FJ60s and FJ62s you would need two different hose sets.

Because there are so many different condenser brands and sizes that could be a little tricky. Brackets are super easy to make though! The lines on the other hand could be difficult to make universal to sell for retrofits. Small variations in the condensers people buy could make the hoses not fit well. Also, differences in FJ60s and FJ62s you would need two different hose sets.
That's something that occurred to me as well. I plan to call Cool Stream tomorrow and see if they can help me track down an exact part number using the dimensions of your unit (irritates me that they have no online catalog) and then going to a custom hose shop at some point and asking what their cost would be for a pair of hoses that would work in the case of an FJ62 (since I could use my rig as a guinea pig) as far as proper fittings and routing. As of this point I DON'T intend to build up kits, but I'm curious enough to investigate if for no other reason than my own hair brained curiosity. I expect that if anyone could/would want to build up kits, it would have to be both vehicle and condenser P/N specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom