any thoughts on where to find an AC condenser for an FJ62? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parts, parts, parts... Will take any ideas on this gem. Happy to look at a quality used part.

Thanks....

HS

You can buy a new Denso one for $150ish from most of the big retailers.

*edit- it looks like things have changed since I bought mine over a year ago. Jegs.com lists it at $175 and available, although who knows if they actually have it in stock or not.

Last edited:
You can buy a new Denso one for $150ish from most of the big retailers.
Thank you, Rustic76.

I'm seeing out of stock on most everyone I see out there. Rockauto not having them is usually a sign.

You've used one of these?

HS

Yeah. I think the Denso is as close to OEM as you can get, although I think they are made in China now. Part number 477-0146

Hopefully one will be in stock somewhere.
Any Denso being made in China would be news to me, as they're a Japanese company and very strict with their quality control.

However @HemiSam if you do manage to find a genuine Denso unit, it is very much OEM as Denso is Toyota's factory OEM supplier for AC and electrical parts.

Think all 13 of us are done with a Google search? :)

All out of stock, I don't trust Jegs.

Think all 13 of us are done with a Google search? :)

All out of stock, I don't trust Jegs.
And the algorithm saw multiple searches from different devices so the price just skyrocketed!

Is yours bad or missing? If you have it, it’s probably worth getting cleaned out or fixed if it has a small leak. If you don’t have it, then this paragraph was useless, sorry.

I have 4 on the shelf and they were close to hens teeth to find. I bought everyone I could. Good luck.

J
Yikes, glad I got a new one a couple years ago.

I think it was @cruisermatt who got a universal to work in his rig with little modification (though he did have new lines made to connect to it) and ended up pretty happy with it.

I used a Chevy Sonic condenser… it is Ok but there are definitely easier options for the general population

Any Denso being made in China would be news to me, as they're a Japanese company and very strict with their quality control.

However @HemiSam if you do manage to find a genuine Denso unit, it is very much OEM as Denso is Toyota's factory OEM supplier for AC and electrical parts.

Ignore the part number but note: Made in China.
Denso manufactures in Japan, China, Mexico, and the US.
IMG_1113.jpeg

Last edited:
And the algorithm saw multiple searches from different devices so the price just skyrocketed!

Is yours bad or missing? If you have it, it’s probably worth getting cleaned out or fixed if it has a small leak. If you don’t have it, then this paragraph was useless, sorry.
Thanks for the response, Skreddy.

I do have the unit. It and a line leading to it are leaking and it's been brutal here in TX so I figured I'd fix it as best I could before running into another parts challenge.

HS

Refresh the o-rings?

Hopefully this will help. I was mistaken with who found and made fit a good condenser. It was @red66toy in this thread here:

I'm wondering if it would be economically feasible for a vendor here to build up and sell conversion kits (brackets and custom AC lines) that would allow easier retrofitting of this condenser now that OEM units seem to be completely gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom