Any interest in an "FJ40's Only" Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE: This one is POSTPONED 'till next summer with some more lead time for folks to be able to join in. It'll be rad when we make it happen.

We are going to head to the base of Mt. Bradley... it is up past the Sureshot lakes and over the north ridge from Twin Lakes area. Plenty of scenic views, easy trail, close enough to Bozeman that any 40 can swing it.

We will meet up for departure in 4 Corners and will be rolling by 8:30 am. We will gas up and air down in Norris.

I plan to prerun this trail this upcoming week/weekend if anyone can swing a mid week trail run. Most likely Friday after lunch.

I had the pleasure of leading an annual run with Rising Sun 4x4 out of Denver for the past several years. We made it an annual event that took our FJ40's up the most scenic trail we could find and enjoy the day. I'd love to get all the old iron out, I know there are some 40's needing some trail time up here in Montana. I wouldn't expect 20+ rigs like we would have in Colorado but any size group run would still be fun and memorable.

Anyhow, we operated out of the following criteria:
  • Only FJ40's could attend... 45's, 43's were allowed as well. Any FJ4x can attend.
  • Trail selected had to be stock friendly, luckily FJ40's are amazing in stock form.
  • We wanted to stay semi close to town as to not wear out our backsides just getting TO the trail.
  • Scenery, scenery, scenery... we always wanted to hit a beautiful trail!
  • We always tried for a cool group photo.
I am looking at the calendar and don't want to double up on anything that is already happening so maybe we could look into early September? I am suggesting the weekend AFTER Labor day... Sept 8th or 9th.

Those of you without a 40, time to make a friend with a 40 and try to grab a seat.

Pics for inspiration...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Okay, here are a list of interested parties... gotta' work on Dawn and my neighbor and get a few more 40's together. I am also wide open for suggestions of trails, I am starting as close to Bozeman and working my way out. I hope to prerun a few things this week before my work schedule goes ape in 2 weeks with campus starting. Remember stock friendly, unless all the 40's are built, then lets hit the Rubicon.

Interested and Maybe's and I am IN list...

@MTyota
@rkymtnflyfisher
@3_puppies
@elkun1
@87BJ74
@REZARF
@bagochips76

Interested in grabbing a seat:
@thetoyotaman (riding with REZARF)
@ttFJC (sorry boss I don't do dogs ;) but I am sure someone won't mind)
@adventurefamly (good at flopping trailers)

Last edited:
by what if FJC wants to come play :frown:

One could argue they are a closer resemblance then most of the other decedents :meh:

Looks like at least one FJ Cruiser was able to sneak in :)

Haha, that guy about fell over himself when he came up on our group! He was a little star struck... I knew you'd catch it. The FJC's are totally rad, but they aren't invited ;)

Man Drew, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Our noses will be so far up in the air we might not be able to see, hate to wreck one of our "jeeps" as they're called! Aw, why not. I'm in.

I think a 40 is going to be my next buy

@bagochips76 Nothing like a trail ride to motivate you to get all those little projects done. :bounce:

ultimate-adventure-2015-part-1-not-a-jeep-licence-plate.jpg

I like the plate, but i am not sure a Ford Exploder is a step in the right direction.

I’d go if there is a spare seat for me and my dog. People tell me I take nice pictures. Finn might try to pose in the driver seat.

I’d go if there is a spare seat for me and my dog. People tell me I take nice pictures. Finn might try to pose in the driver seat.
I don't know how serious they are about 'outsiders'. I'm willing to ride in the back seat AND leave the famly at home...no reply. Good luck. Although, you may have friends who knows someone who knows someone who has friends.

Looks like a bunch on snobs.
I don't know how serious they are about 'outsiders'. I'm willing to ride in the back seat AND leave the famly at home...no reply. Good luck. Although, you may have friends who knows someone who knows someone who has friends.

RIGHT!! You have an "FJ" and I have a "4"Runner. All we need is a "0" (zero)! Maybe Johnny"0" and then we'll have an FJ40! :rofl::rofl::bang::bang:

At least I have round headlights that’s closer to the 40s then anything else toyota makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom