"Antirock" sway bars on a 60/62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone installed a set of the (Currie) Antirock Sway Bars on their 60? I'd be curious to hear about the performance benefits as well as to see an install example.

My SUA 60 with 3.5" spring lift and no sway bars body rolls like a mutha in off camber situations - and I hate that...

Thanks,
mark

I know DSLTOY has them on the front of his 62. I was looking at them this year at GSMTR. he's probably still on a off road trip in alaska so i doubt he'd answer many questions about them yet.

Stock works fine for 99.9999999999999% of 60s

I wheel pretty significant rocks when i wheel and the trails have a good amount of off camber situations... I also dont want to limit wheel travel.... Wont stock bars be limitng?

Post a pic of your rig please.

@woytovich 's rig from last week;

IMAG1550.jpg

IMAG1554.jpg

I've gone over some pretty big rocks with my 60. I'm using an 80 front with the radius arms and stock 80 sway bar. So not really the same setup but I feel it limits my travel and causes my rear suspension to bottom out before it should. I would also be interested to see if anyone is running the aftermarket bars. I am in the process of rebuilding my rig for the third time and I'm trying to link it so stock bars will not work.

(Thanks Johnny)

I have been in a number of situations where the body roll on an off camber spot put the quarters/roof into a tree and/or made me feel very uncomfortable (in places I'd rather not mention...). I'd like to control that better....

Was that an off-camber video? Maybe I don't understand your expectations.

This is off-camber in my opinion:

IMG_2901.jpg

This is off-camber as well, but not as bad. Uphill makes the tire lift.

IMG_28622.jpg

No, that was just to show the truck - as requested. I agree that the off camber you show is what I am talking about...

Last edited:
Neither one of those pictures are showing a sway problem.

Ya know... after I posted them I was thinking that. I understand that if the 2 axles are parallel there is no opportunity for sway control.

So what IS the situation that sway bars control? When ONE axle (the one with the sway bar?) is articulating away from being parallel with the frame it wants to take the frame (and therefore body) with it. The sway par tries to keep the frame (and body) parallel to the axle it is connected to...?

I don't think a "sway bar" will help with the inherent body lean on a 60..that is I think it would only be minimal help on the trail. At some point rather quickly...the raw physics take over and you have a brick on tires leaning, plus the issue with the length of the vehicle as the rear swings around . If you are closes enough to "kiss" the rocks initially...you probably will get tagged with metal body meeting the rocks.

Plus...its been my experience with a rear sway bar....if you do rocky trails...that rear OEM sway bar will not stay on very long.

That aftermarket sway bar might help some...Roger could weigh in on that (DSLTOY)...but I'm not sure I would get too fired up on that.

Last edited:
All a sway bar does is make a single axle want to stay parallel with the truck. The axle can move up and down, It just stops one wheel from moving up or down while the other wheel remains static.

Antirock sway bars are just "loose" versions. They are made out of torsion spring steel, so you can still get the articulation and correct for lean. Sort of.. With the flex you have and the style suspension, I seriously doubt that you will notice any difference off road. On road, it may feel better in corners tho.

I guess I need a little winch at each of the 4 corners that I can use to reel in the high-side frame towards the axle when I get sideways... or better yet airbags for the down-side to push the frame back towards level!

Air bags at all 4 corners would do an admirable job of lifting the offending side.

Fairly complex tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom