Another toolbox "nice to have" item (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jackhammer! You're playing.

There's a now locked up trail in Aus that a certain landcruiser club used explosives to clear a rocky obstacle from. The club's constitution now forbids members from using pyrotechnics or explosives on club trips.

We are also forbidden to use explosives, government = fun killer!:hillbilly:

It's only illegal if you get caught ;)

Speaking of caught, a crew was out and caught this on camera. Unfortunately, downstream from here, 10 people were swept away, died, one hasn't been found, so solid reminder to be careful/aware when out there!:eek: We often repair the damage from these, but its rare to see one in real time!

We 'normally' get an orange warning if floods are a possibility, the problem is they can occur dozens of miles away, so warnings are not always heard or even sounded such is the suddeness they can hit with.

I use this Rambla most of the time to head inland to hit some trails.

That water gathers speed heading to the coast where I live, devastating every thing in its path for around 40 miles.

Regards

Dave

That sh!t is scary!

Could have used a few jackhammers and explosives a few months ago!
IMG_0972.JPG

We have been over this, please make some attempt to keep up! It's two jackhammers, why screw around with just one? They are largely ineffective on rock, for that we bring the tractor.:hillbilly:

file.php

Hey, that tractor looks familiar...

While you're adding stuff to your tool kit, stop at the local dollar store and get a couple plastic cake spatulas, just the thing for scooping grease in and out of knuckles. Saves on towels and gloves.

While you're adding stuff to your tool kit, stop at the local dollar store and get a couple plastic cake spatulas, just the thing for scooping grease in and out of knuckles. Saves on towels and gloves.
Woa, Ken in the house! Yea, my wife hates it when I use her kitchen tools on the truck ;)
Hope to see you at the YTFG this year.

PFFFTT... try running your old wiring harnesses through the dishwasher...

Might make it. Need to try out this new (to me) 200-series on some trails.

My long side brifield cage decided to kersplode into 1/4" shards for no apparent reason during CMCC2017. There was no throttle, no drama, no noise, and I wasn't really doing anything difficult. Apparently it was previously damaged and it was just time to let go.
In any case, given the situation, I decided to not replace it with a trail spare and just rigged for 3 wheel drive.
While looking around an Ace Hardware for items to use to plug axle hole to keep gear oil from running out, I came across these guys. The 1 1/2" version fit almost perfectly and, with a bit of a wiggle and some grease, slipped right into the existing axle seal. A few turns and it was nice and snug. No muss, no fuss.
RCVs will be here tomorrow :)

View attachment 1498425 View attachment 1498427 View attachment 1498428
Oh Sh*& Ive been using those for years, when its time for a plumbing inspection. they are reffered to simply as B&^%plugs in the trades.

Lifetime warranty, what could go wrong.
I went with Terrain Tamers as they are supposed to be a happy medium, and assuie boys know whats up. I reckon. (see how I said that )

Speaking of caught, a crew was out and caught this on camera. Unfortunately, downstream from here, 10 people were swept away, died, one hasn't been found, so solid reminder to be careful/aware when out there!:eek: We often repair the damage from these, but its rare to see one in real time!

:eek:

:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom