Another toolbox "nice to have" item (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sdsysdesign.com
My long side brifield cage decided to kersplode into 1/4" shards for no apparent reason during CMCC2017. There was no throttle, no drama, no noise, and I wasn't really doing anything difficult. Apparently it was previously damaged and it was just time to let go.
In any case, given the situation, I decided to not replace it with a trail spare and just rigged for 3 wheel drive.
While looking around an Ace Hardware for items to use to plug axle hole to keep gear oil from running out, I came across these guys. The 1 1/2" version fit almost perfectly and, with a bit of a wiggle and some grease, slipped right into the existing axle seal. A few turns and it was nice and snug. No muss, no fuss.
RCVs will be here tomorrow :)

AxlePlug1.jpg
AxlePlug3.jpg
AxlePlug4.jpg

I love that, great thinking

Taking delivery and opening the box containing a set of RCV's is better than Christmas when you were five years old. :bounce2:

Last edited:
This is why I LOVE this site! Awesome sharing John!

Have shoved the bare axle back in, crammed rags over the end to act as a spacer and driven, never been a problem, plugs the hole. Guess some just like to carry lots of stuff?!

Have shoved the bare axle back in, crammed rags over the end to act as a spacer and driven, never been a problem, plugs the hole. Guess some just like to carry lots of stuff?!
Well, as Kool said, "I can't get enough of that funky stuff." Can ya dig it?

Says the guy that carries a jack hammer in case some rocks get in his way... :rofl:

For real though, I have a 1.5" and 2" test plug in my "box o' stuff" in my garage. I'm going to grab the 1.5" and toss it in the 93.

I wonder how my fuel economy with be affected by the 3.6oz it weighs...

Says the guy that carries a jack hammer in case some rocks get in his way... :rofl:

We have been over this, please make some attempt to keep up! It's two jackhammers, why screw around with just one? They are largely ineffective on rock, for that we bring the tractor.:hillbilly:

file.php

Your utilization is a little different. You're just trying to work up the courage for the 2" :flipoff2:

Gives a whole new meaning to "quick -n- dirty" right there Joey.

A 'hole' new meaning. Yikeso_O

We have been over this, please make some attempt to keep up! It's two jackhammers, why screw around with just one? They are largely ineffective on rock, for that we bring the tractor.:hillbilly:

file.php

Jackhammer! You're playing.

There's a now locked up trail in Aus that a certain landcruiser club used explosives to clear a rocky obstacle from. The club's constitution now forbids members from using pyrotechnics or explosives on club trips.

Jackhammer! You're playing.

The club's constitution now forbids members from using pyrotechnics or explosives on club trips.

Bloody typical, always some spoilsport about to ruin the fun! I just finished straitening and painting my bumper and irons after pushing rocks to clear a trail.

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom