Another 77 FJ40 resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i thought coolerman was out of the cruiser business for the time being, on account of things going on with his full time business?
He is still selling wire, connectors, tape. I just need need the stuff to do my own refurb.

Thanks Apeterson, this winter sucks but I keep trying to plug away at it. Got a coat of enamel on the tank and put together my parking brake. I dipped the rod in a rust dissolver and treated it, the parts were powder coated and re-zinced. Came out nice, just need to refurb the harness so I can start bolting this thing together.
image-2732825874.jpg
image-1045417457.jpg
image-287785327.jpg

That looks awesome. I am in need of painting the ebrake lever. I have been struggling with the pin on the end to take the spring off to paint it. Did you remove the spring that twists at the bottom?

Yep, took the spring off and tapped the pin out. Gotta update your thread Colorado, I need the inspiration!

Well bought some rubber and made the bumper strips for my tank install. Just wanted to post some photos so people know what it looks like under the tank. The rubber bumpers came out great and there is no wiggle room with the tank. Also all the channels are clear for drainage.
image-1815719712.jpg
image-4277060928.jpg
image-3085819448.jpg

So my old gasket for the fuel neck was old and didn't look like it would provide a good seal anymore. I bought plenty of extra rubber for when I made my tank bottom bumpers and top bumper straps so I made a new gasket. I will be making a new gasket for my steering column plate the same way and whatever else I can find. First the old one and than the new one.
image-3705074337.jpg
image-3269271525.jpg
image-293584480.jpg

Before I placed the tank I went ahead and bolted down my trans hump with a new gasket, and than placed the tank and bolted the cover down. The new rubber worked great and the tank is nicely secured with no wiggle. The gasket worked great on the neck also. I'm using new hardware that is clear zinced. I'm going to use a tip by the Crazygreek and order some yellow Chromate from Caswell and get the correct yellow zinc look.
image-272600334.jpg
image-998334643.jpg
image-3991072511.jpg

Last I got to finally put on my new oem boots and shifter knobs. I love the little details like this! Toyota had very cool design features.
image-75390642.jpg
image-2978612960.jpg
image-330750283.jpg

Your work is inspirational. Keep it up.

Resist all temptations of taking shortcuts and you won't regret it.

Well done

Thanks guys, I had the old inner boot, it was a little beat up but I cleaned it up and shot it with silicone to soften it up.

Leland that might happen sooner than later;) Awesome work you have done so far on your rig, and that tailgate is a piece of fabrication artwork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom