Events/Trails Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet - Save the Date - September 16-19, 2021 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D4EFD17E-0D5D-416E-9107-7E363D072F53.jpeg
1BCAB1AF-2E07-4D8B-B28F-6C7852A900A1.jpeg

Additional option if Charles' fails participants with his plans for the gathering, you can take him to prison ...

Brushy Mountain Prison
BrushyMtnPrison.jpg
BrushyMtnPrison.jpg

Last edited:
Hello All
Quick post to let you know the dates of this year's 70 Series southeast gathering, Covid permitting. We will be at Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN the weekend of September 16-19, 2021. Charles tells me the on-site lodging options are booking up, so please book soon if you want to stay on site.
More later as the event date approaches.
Peter
Peter,
4runnerteq (Jackie). Think me and Kristi could come hang with you guys for a day or two? Would we be able to maybe tag along on a trail ride?

Peter,
4runnerteq (Jackie). Think me and Kristi could come hang with you guys for a day or two? Would we be able to maybe tag along on a trail ride?
Of course! You'll have a blast. I'll be doing plenty of dumb stuff for you to laugh at. Maybe we can get Travis and others to come along?

This is my first time planning on going, Will I be in a tough spot or a burden on the group if I am open diff front and rear? Not sure what kind of trail riding goes on for this... Thanks!

A few years ago, I left the Cruiser in 2wd and kept up fine. Not a concern. Charles and the organization team go to great measures to ensure that there are trail options that offer effectively no risk due to trail difficulty.

A few years ago, I left the Cruiser in 2wd and kept up fine. Not a concern. Charles and the organization team go to great measures to ensure that there are trail options that offer effectively no risk due to trail difficulty.
Several years ago we actually had a complaint that the trails we chose were not challenging enough. We now have multiple guides some of which guide on mostly easy to moderate trails while others guide on the more challenging trails so in other words, regardless of your experience level or the capabilities of your Cruiser, we’ll make sure you are comfortable. Our desire is that the Cruiser you drove to the event is also the same Cruiser you can drive home. 😀
Our ultimate goal is to create an environment which will encourage the most 70 Series owners to attend the event. Hopefully everyone will leave the event having a better understanding of what they and their Land Cruiser are capable of.

Last edited:
Several years ago we actually had a complaint that the trails we chose were not challenging enough. We now have multiple guides some of which guide on mostly easy to moderate trails while others guide on the more challenging trails so in other words, regardless of your experience level or the capabilities of your Cruiser, we’ll make sure you are comfortable. Our goal is that the Cruiser you drove to the event is also the same Cruiser you can drive home. 😀
Thank you! I will be outside of my insurance towing radius so driving home without issue is always my main goal haha.

This is my first time planning on going, Will I be in a tough spot or a burden on the group if I am open diff front and rear? Not sure what kind of trail riding goes on for this... Thanks!
I'm exactly the same and I'll bet many others are too. Personally I think recoveries are half the fun when going offroad, and if something does break on someone's Cruiser they will be surrounded by a whole bunch of knowledgeable 70 series enthusiasts to help! I can't wait for this and all the pictures I'll be able to get haha

I'm exactly the same and I'll bet many others are too. Personally I think recoveries are half the fun when going offroad, and if something does break on someone's Cruiser they will be surrounded by a whole bunch of knowledgeable 70 series enthusiasts to help! I can't wait for this and all the pictures I'll be able to get haha

It is really nice to be surrounded with like vehicles, that's a very helpful safety net. The downside is parts availability is still slim if I do need something to make my 12+ hour drive home for work LOL. But if trails are doable with open diffs like shared, I'm not concerned. Take it slow and enjoy the ride!

It is really nice to be surrounded with like vehicles, that's a very helpful safety net. The downside is parts availability is still slim if I do need something to make my 12+ hour drive home for work LOL. But if trails are doable with open diffs like shared, I'm not concerned. Take it slow and enjoy the ride!

Congratulations on owning a rocket ship! I have never made the ~850 mile drive in one of my Cruisers from DFW to Atlanta even close to 12 hrs, kudos.
Oak Ridge to DFW will be close to 830 miles, so not trivial neighborhood jaunt even by Texas standards. As you said enjoy the ride.

Good afternoon all. I'm new to the group but wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is ONE cabin and like 4 yurts left for the event. For those of you not camping. I'll be suffering at the Marriott in Oak Ridge until I get a little more acclimated with the area.

Cheers,

Good afternoon all. I'm new to the group but wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is ONE cabin and like 4 yurts left for the event. For those of you not camping. I'll be suffering at the Marriott in Oak Ridge until I get a little more acclimated with the area.

Cheers,
You’re only 10-15 minutes from the park at any Oak Ridge hotel. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom