Events/Trails 8th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet / Charity Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are a number of people who played a vital role in this event ……. (In no particular order). 😊
* A special shout-out to the people who attended and paid to do so. We will have the final numbers for the charity in a few day.
* Kim and Rob Smith of Odd Iron Off Road who not only did a lot of the prep and cooking for the evening meals but allowed their cabin to be “command central” for the event.
* Steve Wharton and his wife who volunteered to help cook on Saturday night.
* The folks from “Appalachia Cruisers”, Lee
Sumner and of course Sam Houston who volunteered their time to guide which as always is greatly appreciated. 👍
You forgot two critical folks Charles

@Gun Runner 5
@peterb

Without you two creating a spark for me to throw gasoline on 9 years ago, this event wouldn’t be

IMG_6555.JPG
IMG_6558.JPG
IMG_6561.JPG
IMG_6563.JPG
IMG_6564.JPG

So , this morning I went to the coin power wash to hose the dirt off.
I knew I had heard some new clunks and noticed the Troopy rode slightly different.
I put it down to having flexed the newish springs and loosened them up.

Here's what I found at the car wash...

IMG_6573.JPG
IMG_6575.JPG
IMG_6577.JPG

Any reports on or from Patch?
Thanks

Any reports on or from Patch?
Thanks
I spoke to him this morning. He’s alive and well. 😊
I believe he will be releasing a YouTube video in the latter part of the week documenting the event.

Perhaps we should use this photo to introduce next year’s event and label it as the “easy / scenic” trails. 😁
IMG_4946.jpeg

@Pulgasari …. “We should probably include a warning picture too.”
————————————————————————————————————
One of many reasons we start the day by offering 3 different types of trails for the attendees. 😁
1) Easy
2) Not So Easy
3) Really Not So Easy
….. We really prefer that everyone is able to drive their Cruisers home. 😊

If by chance you didn’t get one of the annual window decals for this year’s event please let me know. 😊

Having a large capacity fuel tank is both a blessing and a curse. 😊
720+ kms (topped off right outside of Windrock in Oak Ridge, TN). Drove 8 hours without stopping for fuel.
I‘m to lazy to do the conversion between metric (aka Canadian VooDoo) and ‘Merican but I think the fuel economy is fairly good.

Hello Charles,

I did some voodoo for you.

Your approximate mileage is 19 mpg or 30 km/gal. Not bad at all.

It is not about voodoo but about the smiles per gallon, or mile.

Juan

If by chance you didn’t get one of the annual window decals for this year’s event please let me know. 😊
Lol I had to turn and leave day one due to unforeseeable work thing so I didn't get anything. That would be awesome if possible. Thanks!

Lol I had to turn and leave day one due to unforeseeable work thing so I didn't get anything. That would be awesome if possible. Thanks!
P.M. me a mailing address.

I’ve now mailed out window decals for several people. If I’ve overlooked anyone please give me a shout.
Thanks

THE FINAL NUMBERS…….
————————————————————————————————
* We had 37 vehicles registered for this year’s event with the majority being 70 Series Land Cruisers.
* We had approximately 87 people registered (drivers and passengers, which included some children). 😊
* Meal cost (3 nights) was roughly $1,200.00.
* One donor (who prefers to remain nameless) covered the insurance and advertising cost for the event.
* After all expenses are deducted we’ll be able to write a check to our chosen ALS charity in the amount of $2,000.00.
* We are already looking for avenues to double this amount next year which is somewhat of a challenge for one of the smaller Land Cruiser events in the U.S. 😊

* If you are interested in making an additional, last minute contribution to the charity please contact Sam Houston (@elkaholic) or me (@Gun Runner 5).

…… See you next September ……

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom