Events/Trails 8th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet / Charity Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you didn’t attend this years gathering but would like to be notified about next year’s event just drop me a P.M. and I’ll add you to the mailing list.
Please include your name, email address and series of Land Cruiser.
Thanks

If I may, are you planning on fixing it or is it beyond worthwhile repair?
Chip Rosenberger from BudBuilt found me some doors the week after I rolled it. I’m planning to pull the b-pillar out, fix the roof, and send it.

This truck may forever be a little messed up but it’s still in such good mechanical condition that it would be foolish, I think to even consider replacing it.

I’m tempted to cut it in half and UTE convert it. Lots of work but lots of practical reward as well.

IMG_8888.jpeg

You have to wonder if the gentleman in the Ford truck ever thought “one of these doesn’t look like the others”.
IMG_4965.jpeg
😁

Before this thread vanishes, I wanted to thank everyone who participated in this year's event, Charles and Sam for organizing it and the Smiths for hosting. I had a great time and really appreciate the efforts of everyone to raise funds and raise awareness of ALS. Like many others, it is a horrible disease. One that cannot be studied and hopefully cured, without funding. Please know I am appreciative of all that was done and hope to see you on the trails again.
Peter

WR70Series2023Fire.jpg

Our goal going forward is to raise substantially more money for ALS research. We hope to accomplish this by attracting sponsors / donors to cover all or some of our meal and insurance cost during future events. Every penny we don’t spend for these items is just that much more we can donate to an ALS charity.
See you next September….. 😁

UPDATE:
There were a number of logistical issues to be worked out but as of today a donation of $2,000.00 has been sent to the ALS Association. Our goal going forward is to at least double this amount on future contributions.
Again, a special thanks to those that contributed by attending as well as those that chose to donate above and beyond the attendance fee. 👍

Last edited:
Thank you and Congratulations to the event team in making this happen.

We are already receiving inquiries about this Fall’s Meet & Greet………. 😊
The dates are 9/19-22 and will once again be a charity event for the ALS Association.
Far more information will be forthcoming in early Summer.
…. Thanks

Something a little different for this year ………….
—————————————————————————————
We have had commemorative window decals made for each event to date however this year we would like to involve the public in the design (and by public I mean those that plan to attend). 😊
If you have a design in mind (including your 70 Series) please let me know. The design will need be one that can be reduced to a 4”-5” decal.
Thanks

Something a little different for this year ………….
—————————————————————————————
We have had commemorative window decals made for each event to date however this year we would like to involve the public in the design (and by public I mean those that plan to attend). 😊
If you have a design in mind (including your 70 Series) please let me know. The design will need be one that can be reduced to a 4”-5” decal.
Thanks

Charles,
Thanks the update. Based on your post, are design submittals limited to participants only? The reason I ask is our daughter, Samantha, is an artist and she has developed artwork/designs for prior TLCA events. I can check to see if she is interested. It is likely that she would retain follow-on rights for her design work if she did develop any submittals.

Again thanks

Charles,
Thanks the update. Based on your post, are design submittals limited to participants only? The reason I ask is our daughter, Samantha, is an artist and she has developed artwork/designs for prior TLCA events. I can check to see if she is interested. It is likely that she would retain follow-on rights for her design work if she did develop any submittals.

Again thanks
P.M. sent

It took a while but the article documenting last Fall’s Meet & Greet is in the January / February edition of
“Toyota Trails”.
IMG_5341.jpeg

This event has peaked my interest. Sounds like a good excuse to make a long road trip to Oliver Springs!

This event has peaked my interest. Sounds like a good excuse to make a long road trip to Oliver Springs!
You’ll be amongst 70 Series out the wazoo. 😊

We have already been putting a lot of effort into this Fall’s Meet & Greet / ALS Charity Event (number 9) and our first advertisement is due to hit “Toyota Trails” in late May, with early registration starting in early June. We are actively seeking volunteers and sponsors for this event with the goal of at least doubling our contribution to the ALS Association. 😁
Hope to see you in September……

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom