Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Black felt.

Surely going to look great after a week of running dusty roads

20230124_200719.jpg

I’ve always found that the best way to carry heavy things like skis is a pickup. Don’t you have a dually?
Skis on the back of a rig are covered with road salt and grime.
On top is better, but at forty height they attract garage door headers.
Did I mention my boards live in a minivan? It even has a set of Yakima ski racks I never use. Come to idaho and they’re yours.

Just need to locate the threaded inserts for the tie down points, bolt hardware back in place, and cover the hinged wing. Then I can get it dirty!
20230124_205453.jpg

I’ve always found that the best way to carry heavy things like skis is a pickup. Don’t you have a dually?
Skis on the back of a rig are covered with road salt and grime.
On top is better, but at forty height they attract garage door headers.
Did I mention my boards live in a minivan? It even has a set of Yakima ski racks I never use. Come to idaho and they’re yours.
Yeah, I usually just toss skis in the bed of my truck when I drive it. The 40 has the cool factor though, it's more fun to drive up there.

I'll be in Idaho on Friday!

Just barely, but I'll be there, skiing Lost Trail.

Yeah, I usually just toss skis in the bed of my truck when I drive it. The 40 has the cool factor though, it's more fun to drive up there.

I'll be in Idaho on Friday!

Just barely, but I'll be there, skiing Lost Trail.
4 1/2 hrs more you’d have ski racks…

Well it looks pretty decent. Time to wreck it up.

20230125_203726.jpg
20230125_203730.jpg
20230125_203734.jpg
20230125_203744.jpg

Early bird gets the powder stash, and front row parking.
20230127_082607.jpg

Saw there was a storm passing through, was wondering if you were going to enjoy life. We didn‘t get anything down here (yet).

Saw there was a storm passing through, was wondering if you were going to enjoy life. We didn‘t get anything down here (yet).
7 inches in the last couple of days, the forecast is calling for another 12"-18" in the next 24 hours.

I'll be back down there tomorrow as well.

20230127_141831.jpg
20230127_095437.jpg
20230127_094647.jpg

Last edited:
looks good, been planning something like this myself for a spring project. Why only 1 side with the hinged wing?
My original plan was to make both sides hinged, but after thinking about how my cooler would be mounted behind the drivers seat I decided to leave that side rigid just for additional stability. I now have the ability to secure my cooler in place and strap 4 MFCs to the exterior basket for some additional fuel range.

Realistically I don't gain that much access with the hinged part, it can all be accessed from the rear of the 40 anyways, it's just a little more convenient now. As soon as I relocate the speaker box.

My original plan was to make both sides hinged, but after thinking about how my cooler would be mounted behind the drivers seat I decided to leave that side rigid just for additional stability. I now have the ability to secure my cooler in place and strap 4 MFCs to the exterior basket for some additional fuel range.

Realistically I don't gain that much access with the hinged part, it can all be accessed from the rear of the 40 anyways, it's just a little more convenient now. As soon as I relocate the speaker box.
On 'Yield', a 1998 Pearl Jam album,
"MFC" takes place in a car and is about "getting the **** out of a problem".

Coincidence?

On 'Yield', a 1998 Pearl Jam album,
"MFC" takes place in a car and is about "getting the f*** out of a problem".

Coincidence?
Honestly, I had to Google-fu that !

So far here, it’s been freeze thaw, freeze thaw repeat. Makes for some epic boiler plate..💩
I heard there is 16" of fresh snow up on the mountain right now, we got hit hard Friday night and Saturday. The ski mountain was closed due to extreme cold temps on Sunday and Monday, today is the first day that side of the mountain is open since all that snow.

We all know what happens next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom