Air Bag warning lights will not reset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ladies I did not mess with airbag, just disconnected and connected back and now the warning lights are on I can't reset according to this instruction
a) Tc to ground for 1 second, remove
b) AB to ground for 1 second, remove
c) Tc to ground for 1 second, remove
d) AB to ground for 1 second, remove
e) Tc to ground for several seconds (5 according to the FSM)

I don't remember the exact combo, but it seems like I had to go surprisingly fast to do it. It took me a few tries to get it.

I have given it about 10 tries twice a year for the past 6 years; I guess the light doesn't bother me that much.

(but it would be really really nice to reset it).

Mine did this and would not reset. Replaced the module under center console and reset right away.

This problem came after replacing the steering wheel.. I did not disconnect the battery and think that was the issue.

Mine did this and would not reset. Replaced the module under center console and reset right away.

This problem came after replacing the steering wheel.. I did not disconnect the battery and think that was the issue.
you mean ABS Deceleration Sensor needs to be replaced?

No it's the main control module under the climate control bolted to the trans tunnel

Any Toyota can probably reset this for a fee. Depends on how much it's worth to you.

I think the FSM or EWD had some finer details to the technique too. Can't remember.

I had to try different speed sequences when I did mine. Took me 5-6 tries...but I finally nagged it enough to go off.

Similar to others, I had to try it for about 2 hours before it stuck and stayed off.
Mine was on after rebuilding my motor. Made extensions and ran it to ground our of solid copper wire. Some say that the wire type/ground will make a difference in it registering the sequence. One guy literally used a metal rod pounded into the ground because he couldn't get it to work with a ground bolt on his truck. I think i used a motor ground on the engine hoist hook or something. It will work unless your module is faulty. Royal PITA to get though.

The E1 terminal/slot in the diagnostic box is ground. I'm not sure if it's the ground with the best connection but it's right there.

Took me many tries. Be persistent and just keep going until it works. Here’s what it looks like on the cluster when you have a successful attempt...

Wow, never knew there was so much cluster ‘fireworks’ to it all - I was underhood following the FSM at the diagnostic port.

FWIW, it took me 3-5 tries to get it right.
But I’d also tripped mine by hitting my battery with the 24v setting on my bump box (forgot to switch after charging some heavy equipment).

Problem was in deen with AIRBAG computer that under center console I got used one from CruiserParts and all working now

Following

The module is mounter the trans hump, under the radio bezel

@skhochay not sure what to use as a search term for this....what did you use for the jumping sequence (just a section of small wire)? Is there a diagram of where the TC/AB ports are located? Thxs!

Yes, short chunk of wire.

The ports are in that “diagnostic” labeled little ~1.5” black box on the engine-side of the firewall, about 4” in from the PS fender liner.

HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom