AHC help needed on 2006 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders,

I need some AHC advice for wife's 2006 LC.

When we purchased it back in 2021 I did all 4 globes with OEM replacements and Flushed/Filled with OEM AHC fluid.

Suspension has been pretty good, however the AHC off light sometimes flashed.

Today I went to adjust the torsion bars. Rear suspension was 20 1/4 from hub to fender and Front was 9 1/2.

I cranked both the left and right torsion bars 4 turns clock wise each.

During her test drive the cruiser flashed off again and eventually stayed in low.

Once back in the garage I was able to get it back into neutral, however it will not go into high.

Front/rear measurements are still the same after the suspension settled.

I have Techstream but am still trying to get the key code for it.

The pump runs and checked out before. I am guessing maybe the accumulator needs to be replaced?

Any advise greatly apprichiated!

get reading from Techstream for the height sensor and pressure readout first. Should not be big issue.

Reactions: GTV
What is the weight in the rear?

Hello Mudders,

I need some AHC advice for wife's 2006 LC.

When we purchased it back in 2021 I did all 4 globes with OEM replacements and Flushed/Filled with OEM AHC fluid.

Suspension has been pretty good, however the AHC off light sometimes flashed.

Today I went to adjust the torsion bars. Rear suspension was 20 1/4 from hub to fender and Front was 9 1/2.

I cranked both the left and right torsion bars 4 turns clock wise each.

During her test drive the cruiser flashed off again and eventually stayed in low.

Once back in the garage I was able to get it back into neutral, however it will not go into high.

Front/rear measurements are still the same after the suspension settled.

I have Techstream but am still trying to get the key code for it.

The pump runs and checked out before. I am guessing maybe the accumulator needs to be replaced?

Any advise greatly apprichiated!
Code? No.

Use the files in the "Techstream in 5 minutes" thread. Post number one.

That's the only techstream you should be trying to use. Codes already entered. Expiration a century in the future. A fellow mud member has already done all the work for us.

Code? No.

Use the files in the "Techstream in 5 minutes" thread. Post number one.

That's the only techstream you should be trying to use. Codes already entered. Expiration a century in the future. A fellow mud member has already done all the work for us.
I used your video on YouTube, thank you for putting that out. I did not unplug the pump temp sensor but did get the Codes and data below.

1698100017317.png

Readings after 1st L to N cycle
1698100080086.png

Readings After 2nd L to N cycle
1698100126545.png

Ah, my bad. Totally misunderstood your post. Do those trouble codes come back quickly after clearing?
No you were correct, I was trying to use the CD that came with my cable. The link here on mud worked perfect.

I have not yet, this just happened last night. So clear out the codes in TechStream and see if they come back after driving for a couple of days?

No you were correct, I was trying to use the CD that came with my cable. The link here on mud worked perfect.

I have not yet, this just happened last night. So clear out the codes in TechStream and see if they come back after driving for a couple of days?
Yes, clear and check again later.

*UPDATE*

Cruiser has sat in the garage for the last week. Backed it out and took it to the car wash.

While in the car wash truck went to L and started to flash the OFF light.

It will not go back into N or H. Plugged it in and deleted codes per @suprarx7nut.

AHC will still not go into N or H and the C1762 code popped back up.

Fluid level now looks high again, and there is an audible loud clicking/grind noise when it is trying to go back into N.

At this point I am going to try to revise the torsion bars two rotations to see if that helps.

New reads from Techstream with current issues.

1698528063525.png

1698528084165.png

I'm not sure about a clicking sound, but the pump will squeal and screech when it has air in the pump. I would try bleeding each corner and pay very close attention to bubbles. If you see bubbles you might have a dead globe releasing air into the fluid. That will give you partial function of the system, but it will be loud and unable to lift at times.

Another user recently had new-ish globes fail oddly fast. Perhaps there was a batch with poor rubber or something during the pandemic. Those are normally 5-10 year parts, but we've seen some fail much sooner than that.

1762 is the most common code and appears in all kinds of situations.
Where is the grinding noise coming from? Engine bay, from the AHC pump or below the driver front door, around the accumulator and valves?
It's doubtful the torsion bars were the root cause of the issue, your pressures seem fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom