AHC Help - Hit a dead end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping you guys might help shed some light on my situation..................

2006 100 series with AHC (UK)

Since I did some offroading with heavy articulation a couple months ago, my ride quality has gone down hill (jarring on bumps etc.).....

I am getting about 10 graduations of fluid.... however im not in spec so that means nothing??

1) Did an AHC fluid flush (it was black!) and refilled with Toyota AHC fluid
2) Adjusted torsion bars, brought the front into spec :) slight improvement for a while
3) Ride started to feel a bit worse after a week or so, cycling between sport and comfort isnt like it used to be, sport is like a rock now
4) Decided to "pencil test" the globes hoping I had a glaring failure.... nope. All had 5cm of pencil depth in them..... apparently that doesnt mean anything either!
5) Front is 6.6 and rear is 7.7............

Do I chuck new rear springs in? Or go for new globes? I believe both may be original to the car.....

Appreciate your thoughts
20240324_093042.jpg
20240324_092651.jpg
20240324_100207.jpg
20240324_100212.jpg

I’d start with 30mm coil spacers in the rear.
Thanks @GTV

I had considered that but based on what I can find, a spacer is about £100-120 delivered (probably from US or Auz). Whereas new springs are £240

Thing is the labour is the same with Spacer or Spring install unless im mistaken? Jack her up, remove drop links, struggle with AHC shock removal then spring compressor and pull out.

If i doing that then I may as well go for new springs......

Remove the lower bolt from each shock ( leave the top in place) and disconnect the end links. Disconnect the height sensor to avoid damaging it. You don’t need a spring compressor. It’s a simple procedure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom