AHC Height Offset Utility How-To (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know someone has asked this question before, but I can't remember the answer. Can you use Techstream to manipulate the speed at which the AHC lowers at highway speed? OEM setting is 65mph on the speedometer and with tires I have to hit 73mph before mine lowers. I wouldn't mind if it was set even lower ~55mph. Is this possible?

I know someone has asked this question before, but I can't remember the answer. Can you use Techstream to manipulate the speed at which the AHC lowers at highway speed? OEM setting is 65mph on the speedometer and with tires I have to hit 73mph before mine lowers. I wouldn't mind if it was set even lower ~55mph. Is this possible?
Nope

No ones achieved this yet. I've been pondering too as when towing, it really helps stability in higher speeds for it to lower and further tension my weight distribution bars.

It's not very likely to be able to change the threshold at which the system lowers programmatically, unless someone gets access to the developer tools.

What's more likely is to intercept and correct the speed signal on the CANBUS.

No ones achieved this yet. I've been pondering too as when towing, it really helps stability in higher speeds for it to lower and further tension my weight distribution bars.

It's not very likely to be able to change the threshold at which the system lowers programmatically, unless someone gets access to the developer tools.

Please someone smart, do this for us! For all eight of us that want it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Agreed. I’ve chased this in spurts when time allows. I believe there is another signal sent to the AHC ecu that sets the current height restrictions in addition to the VSS signal.

I spliced one of the hypertech speedo correction units in line directly at the AHC ecu on the CANBUS lines. As I believe that’s how those work when used in their intended form at the gauge cluster. They intercept the CANBUS lines and adjust the output into the gauge cluster and speedometer.

It had zero effect at the AHC ecu. I think there’s another signal sent for each height mode allowance that needs to be modified or replaced.

I have logs of can packets and using various softwares have been able to send back to the truck and manipulate different functions (temp control, door lock, etc) but it’s tedious to sort through and I haven’t devoted anymore time to it.

Please someone smart, do this for us! For all eight of us that want it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Here's our guy!

Agreed. I’ve chased this in spurts when time allows. I believe there is another signal sent to the AHC ecu that sets the current height restrictions in addition to the VSS signal.

I spliced one of the hypertech speedo correction units in line directly at the AHC ecu on the CANBUS lines. As I believe that’s how those work when used in their intended form at the gauge cluster. They intercept the CANBUS lines and adjust the output into the gauge cluster and speedometer.

It had zero effect at the AHC ecu. I think there’s another signal sent for each height mode allowance that needs to be modified or replaced.

I have logs of can packets and using various softwares have been able to send back to the truck and manipulate different functions (temp control, door lock, etc) but it’s tedious to sort through and I haven’t devoted anymore time to it.

Thanks and I hope you might keep chasing this!

Davey, can we purchase more of your devoted time to it? 🙏🏼

If you look at the AHC Datalist in Techstream, the AHC ecu actually tracks the speed at each wheel. I suspect the dashboard gets a single speed from one of the ECUs (Guessing the ABS/Skid Control) that probably uses the 4 signals to generate one speed (i would assume whatever the lowest speed is). This probably complicates using something like the inline speedometer calibration tool to work on the AHC ECU.

Here's our guy!

Thanks and I hope you might keep chasing this!

Davey, can we purchase more of your devoted time to it? 🙏🏼

I didn't know this responsibility would land on @TN LX570- I already have a request in to verify the "how to" bolt in LX600 shocks and get it to jive with the rest of the system first :hillbilly:

If you get this done @TN LX570 I'll buy you a 16" pizza.

Hi @radman is the value Step 4: Start HOU. Select FL, enter measured value of "4.5", enter standard value of "4.0" standard or would it vary?

I would like to do it to mine and I have these measurements currently. N on neutral ground

View attachment 3334551
@radman

Forgive me, just got a 14 LX and don't want to screw it up, I ender my calculated 4.x value and a stock value of 4.0 on this popup, right?

PXL_20240306_050333125.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom