Best height to clean underneath? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wash my truck weekly because of the salt in NY, I do it by hand, I usually raise the height of the truck to high. Is that the correct height to be able to clean the undercarriage throughly or would normal or low be better?

I set mine to High and drive it up on ramps to power wash underneath.

I bought one of these since I had a pressure washer for our drive way and wall cleaning already

1707280100077.png

I just use a sprinkler like the one below.

IMG_0132.jpeg

I bought one of these since I had a pressure washer for our drive way and wall cleaning already

View attachment 3552380

This is the way to go. I have one as well and its awesome.

Make sure to get one with the roller blade style wheels, not the silly caster wheels. I had a caster wheeled one at first and it got hung up on everything.

That said, I use FluidFilm and, in an effort to keep the fluidfilm on the truck I tend not to wash it much.

I started washing underneath my cars in winter since I bought my first used '74 Chevelle in 1979.
I've been using something like this ever since which I made mostly out of stuff I had lying around the garage .
It really blasts water upward when spigot's turned on full; the springy hose relief allows you to bend the spray head and drag/thrash it left and right.
Needed:
  • 10' 3/4 PVC pipe
  • Sprinkler end: Round sprinkler, hose strain reliever, 3/4" PVC to Garden hose adapter
  • Hose attachment end: 3/4" PVC to 3/4" male pipe, metal 3/4" male pipe to garden hose adapter (use a metal one as the plastic ones break too easily)
20240207_165531cs.jpg

20240207_164840cs.jpg

20240207_164713cs.jpg

20240207_164723cs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom