After 2 1/2 years of ownership, my wife is no longer embarrased of her! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! I'm real happy with how it has turned out.

Finally installed my last piece of BIOR armor.

image-2808408924.jpg

image-2808408924.jpg

looks clean :cool:

although the pic is blurry :rolleyes:

Damn I miss my locked moonglow 80 now:( rig looks great bro.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1399638912.097866.jpg

So a couple weeks ago I caved in to the 'mud induced head gasket paranoia.

Kind of a stupid thing to do since she was running excellent but I figured I was about to do a ton of other stuff under the hood so WTH. I wasn't going to bother with a head rebuild since she was running great and I wasn't going to be able to swing that much downtime.

Somebody who shall remain nameless so as to not insinuate he condones this method suggested it could be done with exhaust/intake manifolds intact. Well, it can.

She also got a new radiator (Koyo), front crank seal, oil pump cover seal, oil cooler gaskets, tranny cooler hoses, all power steering hoses, and fuel filter.

Given it a couple weeks of constant checking and I seem to be all clear on leaks.

Last edited:
You pulled the motor to do a head gasket?

Sorry, I was editing my post with details. That's just the head with the intake and exhaust manifolds...and the entire engine wiring harness.

Thanks. Haven't done anything else other than general maintenance.

Nice rig!

Do those tires come in 35s? All I seem to see are 37s. Hard to find?

well since the H1 only came with 36 12.50 at first and now 37 12.5 (both R16.5) i am going to say no :p

I bought mine locally, still had the stickers on the tread. However, Trailworthy fab seems to have a steady supply.

That being said I think I may go back to stock wheels and falken 325/80r16. I put on way too many highway miles and I can't get these balanced perfectly. Always a very slight shimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom