Dobinsons to replace 18 year old OME 2-1/2" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The tires are 11 years old and suspension 18 years old. I'm FINALLY ready to pull the trigger and change out the suspension.

I installed it myself but will be using a shop this time.

Current OME kit said 2-1/2" lift and had the castor corrective bushings. A few years later I upgraded to 10.5 x 33" BFG TA tires.

Question #1 - Should I figure the castor corrective bushings are still good? I believe there is a "steel plate" castor correction available which seems beefier and should do a better job.
Question #2 - is there a MUD vendor who can walk me through so I'm sure I get the right stuff? I went through the list and can't find a Dobinson vendor.

While I'm getting in there, I'm going to check/replace the tie-rod ends and get the rest of the steering checked out. The knuckles look okay and my mechanic said they're still good - no play.
Question #3 - There are a TON of threads and videos on knuckle rebuild, I've done it a few times. I'm a believer if don't fix what's not broke, but how often (time or miles) is it recommended to redo the knuckles?

The OME was a fantastic suspension! I was originally going to replace it with the same, but after reading the Dobinson was a much more comforable, I'm going Dobinson. I just hope it holds up like the OME.

Thanks in advanced.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom