Builds My 1996 FZJ80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my name is Amir. I have this beautiful (to me) 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser. This truck came to me by way of my uncle as a wedding present. He bought it basically new with 26k miles in 1998. He drove it and maintained it regularly. In late 2009 he was rear ended and he ended up hitting the car I front of him. Unbeknownst to him he sprung a radiator leak that led to a head gasket failure when it overheated a few weeks later. This the saga began to restore the truck it former glory. In 2013 the motor had been rebuilt, trans gone through, transfer cases and doffs serviced throughly. However he couldn't get it to idle right. In 2014 I took delivery of it from him on the agreement that I wouldn't sell it and that I would "do the rig up!" Well here it sits with a set of free 35's and lots of cleaning and servicing. Stay tuned.

Particulars:
FZJ80
Oak interior
No lockers

What I have done:
Fixed timing on distributor (runs now)
Starter
New window regulators
Fresh oil
Fresh coolant
Fresh fuel (5th tank)
Fuel filter and fuel sock

TJM 3" lift on the way!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406336798.348160.jpg

The Insanity begins!!! Good luck! :bounce: :clap::bang::steer:

Well tonight I yanked all the old AC parts off the car since they have been sitting and the compressor is dead. Even when you jumper it it made nasty noises. Replacing the following:
AC Compressor
Idler pulley and tensioner
AC V Belt
Receiver Drier
Expansion Valve
Evaporator Core

All parts ordered here we go!

Also wanted to add a few more pictures. From when I got it and brought it home and added the tires.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406355198.482403.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406355271.365934.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406355293.634344.jpg

welcome :cheers:

Thanks fellas! I took it for a 250 mile round trip to Bowling Green KY today to the Street Car ShootOut and I hauled race car stuff and it did great! 15.1 mpg with the correction factor of mileage because speedo is off by 10%

Congrats on the cruiser, looks nice. Now that you had fun in it for the first time, you'll probably get a sensation that says "I like this". Prepare your wallet, the addiction has set in, it's all fun times from here on out :)

Welcome to the club.

What did you recover the door panels with?

Amir, nice meeting you. Your cruiser is definitely one of the most unique ones I've seen. Can't wait to see the mods you have planned.

Amir, nice meeting you. Your cruiser is definitely one of the most unique ones I've seen. Can't wait to see the mods you have planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom