Adding spacers on a 6" lift front springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
I have Slee lift kits on my 80s and would like to know if anyone added front spring spacers on their lift and how it effected steering. What shocks are you all running and the effect on the stock relay rod. TIA

Last edited:
Anyone?

I ran George Scolaro's 1.5" front spring spacers on top of Slee's 6" springs. Unless you are running Slee's front arms I think you will be beyond what caster plates and off-set caster bushings can compensate. And as nukegoat mentions, it is likely that your tie rod (the drag link is from your pitman arm to the front wheel) will contact your control arms during turning and under any articulation. Also, it is possible to start having issues with the front sway bar hitting the front driveshaft so you'll need to address that as well.

:) Just trying to raise the front a little to compensate for the added weight once I install the winch. Also looking for a longer replacement shocks than ome. Mike, I'm running the second generation Slee's front control arms. 44s? Not yet Scott. :D But I know Ryan from Extreme Land Cruiser can help me out with that in the future. nukegoat, yes, that's one of my concern of having too much angle on the ball joints. Might have to go with helm joints

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom