Yet another lift question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Etz

Threads
Hello everyone, as there seems to be, quite few suspension experts...posting my question here.

I own 97 LC80, with "unknown" lift from PO.
By the measurements and eye, it seems to be approx 2-2.5", since rear springs started to sag after adding drawers, bumpers, wheel carrier and spare, we added 1" spacers to the rear.
Meanwhile we also added Aux fuel tank, which obviously did not make things better. :)

Now I have a plan to swap it out, with some Dobinson's parts, but kind of hard to decide, what to go with.
What I am aiming at, is pretty much the same amount of lift (2.5" - 3"), without going crazy on swapping out everything underneath (I may do the panhards, if really needed).
From weight perspective, napkin math shows that without aux tank I already have almost ~200kg static load on the back, tank with fuel would probably net additional ~100kg.
In front there is an steel bumper and a winch.

Any suggestions?
I currently came up with this list, but...

Somehow submitted without parts list(and cannot edit post), but here it is:
C59-166
C59-171
GS59-683
GS59-682
PB59-503K

And one pic as well, how it currently sits:

I already went through it, before posting and it got even more confusing. 🤣

I already went through it, before posting and it got even more confusing. 🤣
Then maybe CALL one of the makers or suppliers (Cruiser Outfitters) or (Dobinsons) and talk to them about your setup and plans and they can help you decide.

Talk to a human.

@cruiseroutfit will ship internationally and is a wealth of information.

Thanks, will try to call them or maybe write?
Due to timezone differencies, async comms would probably work better.

Hi. If you're located in estonia, maybe you should try to call/contact dobinsons poland. :: Dobinsons :: Spring & Suspension - http://www.dobinsons.pl/?id=19
Or one of the better known german 4x4-vendors like Taubenreuther, Escape4x4 or Allrad Nord. Then there's Euro4x4 in France, they're also always helpful on the phone. 4x4parts.fi in Finnland sells Ironman suspension. I'm sure there are a dozen companys more that you could call and ask for advice. All of them should be able to answer questions in English.

Greetings from Germany. :)

Talked with some Jason guy from CruiserTeq (Cruiser Outfitters?) via Email, did not quite a definitive answer but some options to consider.

So, after discussing with local "gurus", wen't with Terrain Tamer instead:

TTCS-2417 to front
TTCS-1459 to rear

Will 20mm add spacers, if necessary and this should do it.
Should lift enough, to clear my 35" tires and should be pleasant to drive on and off road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom