Adding Additional Hood Vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC_Hamma

The Anti-Leafer
Threads
I'm considering installing some prefabbed steel vents to help with the heat dissipation under my hood. I've checked out Ebay & searched around for some different types of vents/ louvers & none really caught my eye. The size I wanna use is a pair around 8" X 20" or so. Has anyone done this mod to their hood & can you post up some pics? Thanks!

i dont have it done, but i also would be interested in some vents or ideas, sometimes it gets so hot under the hood i think my paint is going to melt :eek:

another possibility is to take your hood to someone with a louver punch, and just punch them in, then you just have a little screwed up paint to deal with, and if they have the right punch not much at that.

to punch the louvers, they just pencil lined on the sheet metal somewhere fairly flat and knock them in. the trick is finding someone with a punch that will reach in far enough.

we have a die for one of our punches that makes 2-1/2" wide louvers, but a hotrod shop should have more of them, then there's no welding and straightening involved.

I had some louvers added, I wish they were bigger though...
2004_0703Image0001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom