AC Drier relocation for bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a Coastal Offroad bumper that isn’t fitting on my 96 LX450 bec the AC Air Drier is in the way. Any suggestions on how to relocate it? Or, get around it? I don’t want it exposed under the bumper where it can be damaged.

See picture below…

PS Be cautious buying Coastal Offroad items. Seems like quality parts. But, Their items don’t always fit Series 80 vehicles. I ordered rock sliders that won’t fit either bec the muffler is in the way. And, am having this issue with the bumper not fitting.

CD525DCC-C780-43CD-8DE8-CF398FD67BF8.jpeg

Have a Coastal Offroad bumper that isn’t fitting on my 96 LX450 bec the AC Air Drier is in the way. Any suggestions on how to relocate it? Or, get around it? I don’t want it exposed under the bumper where it can be damaged.

See picture below…

PS Be cautious buying Coastal Offroad items. Seems like quality parts. But, Their items don’t always fit Series 80 vehicles. I ordered rock sliders that won’t fit either bec the muffler is in the way. And, am having this issue with the bumper not fitting.

View attachment 3236865

That sucks, is that the wing?

I bought their center-section only.

I think there are a few posts about this and I thought it was stated on their website. Others have relocated the drier and one guy I saw cut out a section in the wing to make it fit.

91-92 and some 93 came with the dryer up by the battery so it can be relocated up there with factory parts.
@Lanktank has a great thread on how to do it with parts list and all.
I did the conversion on mine following his thread !
But for years I just modified the bracket and carefully bent the tubing so it was up and out of the way of my custom bumper.
The trick is to go slow a carefully.

^^^This^^^

Been discussed a lot in the past, not recently, so try some searches on this (80) forum.

I think there are a few posts about this and I thought it was stated on their website. Others have relocated the drier and one guy I saw cut out a section in the wing to make it fit.

Yup, their website is pretty clear about the ac drier situation.

I am the guy who cut a section out. Plan to relocate down the road, just haven't gotten around to it.
122c2fce-093f-4a1a-bfb4-7d7db7744464-jpeg.2903620

I also had to slot the plate that mounts under the frame, the holes were too wide on my '97
521a4da0-05bc-4dad-9ed2-0d759bdc1b0b-jpeg.2903618

I also was able to grind the inside of the top plate "wings" so that they would clear the fender flares without having to angle them down. Stuck them both in the vice together and went to town with the flap disc.

It can be pushed up out of the way and I had mine that way for years, the problem is it not doing its job properly in a horizontal position.
To work correctly it need to be vertical ;)

Yup, their website is pretty clear about the ac drier situation.

I am the guy who cut a section out. Plan to relocate down the road, just haven't gotten around to it.
122c2fce-093f-4a1a-bfb4-7d7db7744464-jpeg.2903620

I also had to slot the plate that mounts under the frame, the holes were too wide on my '97
521a4da0-05bc-4dad-9ed2-0d759bdc1b0b-jpeg.2903618

I also was able to grind the inside of the top plate "wings" so that they would clear the fender flares without having to angle them down. Stuck them both in the vice together and went to town with the flap disc.
I really like the magnet holders I have the same ones and use them all the time ;)

The notch you made for the AC dryer substantially weakened that wing but you probably already know that.:cool:

I really like the magnet holders I have the same ones and use them all the time ;)

The notch you made for the AC dryer substantially weakened that wing but you probably already know that.:cool:

They work pretty good :)

Yup, but i’m not concerned, this thing is really high clearance… if I drop the rig on that front wing I deserve what I get 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom