ABS Light on/ VSC and TRAC off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got back from a 600 mile road trip in 2000 LX470 and as I was driving the ABS light came on, and the vsc and trac lights came on. No CEL and no brake warning light/buzzing. Brakes felt normal and continued home. I pulled codes on tech stream and got C1223 and C1268. Not much luck finding forum info (mainly for 200 series). Has anyone dealt with this?

PXL_20231011_020354455.jpg

Try cycling thru H-N-L on the tcase a few times (while stopped). This sensor is just a mechanical detent ball that gets pressed in (closes the circuit) when the tcase is shifted into low. (there's one for neutral too.)

Tcase could not be fully engaged in high, ball in sensor could be stuck, or wiring/electrical plug issue. Start with easy stuff.

(Replied in your other thread too)

Just got back from a 600 mile road trip in 2000 LX470 and as I was driving the ABS light came on, and the vsc and trac lights came on. No CEL and no brake warning light/buzzing. Brakes felt normal and continued home. I pulled codes on tech stream and got C1223 and C1268. Not much luck finding forum info (mainly for 200 series). Has anyone dealt with this?

View attachment 3452941
Hi John just curious if you ever got further into resolving the issue as I am currently experiencing the same thing with my 2002 LC?

I had this issue with one of my ‘00 LXs. Lots of dash lights on but everything seemed to work fine. Previous owner took it to dealer. They said they didn’t know what problem was but could replace ABS unit for a big price. He said no and I bought it cheap. I unplugged the ABS unit. Cleaned the circuit board with vinegar, plugged it back in and now nearly three years dash light sober.

I had this issue with one of my ‘00 LXs. Lots of dash lights on but everything seemed to work fine. Previous owner took it to dealer. They said they didn’t know what problem was but could replace ABS unit for a big price. He said no and I bought it cheap. I unplugged the ABS unit. Cleaned the circuit board with vinegar, plugged it back in and now nearly three years dash light sober.
Wow that’s definitely worth a try! Thanks for the quick reply!

how would you do this procedure?
would MAF cleaner be better?
Thanks.

Not sure if MAF would be better or not. I used a Q tip and vinegar and just poked it around the circuit board and plug connector pins, if I remember correctly. It did not have any obvious dirt or corrosion so I’m not convinced that was the issue but other than divine intervention, unplugging, replugging and cleaning solved the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom