ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, BRAKE lights, alarm sounding. Brakes hardly working 2001 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

This morning pulling into a parking garage my dash lit up with the following lights ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, BRAKE as well as an alarm and brakes barely working.

I just changed out passenger side ignition coils and spark plugs. (Don’t know if this could have done anything). has this happened to anyone or can someone direct me where to inspect my vehicle. I just moved to NYC and it is pretty pricey up here to get mechanical work done.

thank you everyone

Typically, this is the brake booster motor/pump/accumulator failing. $1400+ part + installation (fairly easy DIY). You need to dump any codes and do basic brake motor tests. Unlikely that your plug/coil work had anything to do with this.

See reply #12 in the link in my signature - the brushes on my brake motor wore out and wiped out the commutator.

Sounds like a brake booster system failing as @StevenH mentioned.

If you are on any of the 100 Series Facebook Groups, there is a member Andy Lee who specializes in rebuilding them. He's got a good reputation and it fairly quick if memory serves.

Typically, this is the brake booster motor/pump/accumulator failing. $1400+ part + installation (fairly easy DIY). You need to dump any codes and do basic brake motor tests. Unlikely that your plug/coil work had anything to do with this.

See reply #12 in the link in my signature - the brushes on my brake motor wore out and wiped out the commutator.
Thank you for your help Steve, I read somewhere this could be due to a faulty batter. Any idea if there is some truth to this?

Sounds like a brake booster system failing as @StevenH mentioned.

If you are on any of the 100 Series Facebook Groups, there is a member Andy Lee who specializes in rebuilding them. He's got a good reputation and it fairly quick if memory serves.
Thank you I will reach out to him

Check Brake fluid level.

How many miles on your truck? Typically the booster units fail at very high miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom