Builds A.Wilson013's Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Far superior to stock. Haven't had a single issue since switching from the Moriomoto kit to these.

I have this same kit and have no issues other than a slight flickering when I go over bumps.

Thx guys; looking at the 4300K (Philips bulbs) but I've never picked light temps before. Which color temps did you go with and any regrets? I've never liked the "blue" look much but am again primarily looking for clear and wide patterns to improve animal detections at night.

Mine are 6500k and are bright white... Not blue.

Thx guys; looking at the 4300K (Philips bulbs) but I've never picked light temps before. Which color temps did you go with and any regrets? I've never liked the "blue" look much but am again primarily looking for clear and wide patterns to improve animal detections at night.
I have always been a fan of 4300-4500k 35w HIDs. Bright, white light with just the slightest touch of blue. However, when I ordered my kit they didn't have 4300k in stock so I got 5500k. Definitely a lot more blue than I am used to, but it has grown on me. Especially with the yellow fog lights... Really dig the contrast.
Mine are 6500k and are bright white... Not blue.
That's interesting. Are you using a 35w or 55w kit? A 35w 6500k should have quite a bit of blue color to it.

4300's ordered - 20% off sale ends today which covered the extra for the premium Philips bulbs. Thx again for the inputs guys....(sorry to hijack your build thread).

4300's ordered - 20% off sale ends today which covered the extra for the premium Philips bulbs. Thx again for the inputs guys....(sorry to hijack your build thread).
No worries- any post in the 120 series forum is a worthy post, I think.

I have been really impressed with the XenonDepot kit. First impression I thought it looked like a much lower quality kit than the Morimoto. However, I have not had a single issue with it since installing, and would recommend to anyone.

I don't know what the heck is going on with Morimoto, but I was glad to get rid of that kit. I have done a couple dozen projector retrofits for 3rd gen 4Runners and always used their stuff. Before 2015 or so, I NEVER had an issue, or people contacting me for warranty information. Since then, I think every kit has had an issue in one way or another. To the point that I have totally stopped doing the retrofits.

I'll read this whole thing later, just wanted to say hi, and I'm ready for some magazine quality coverage of Colossal 2017...:cheers:

edit: Now caught up, good looking build. Whats next for the truck?

Last edited:
I'll read this whole thing later, just wanted to say hi, and I'm ready for some magazine quality coverage of Colossal 2017...:cheers:

edit: Now caught up, good looking build. Whats next for the truck?
Honestly, not much left to do. Yesterday I started working on a rear tire carrier that will be built off of the frame and come up through the stock bumper. Using the 4x4 labs swingarm kit. Down the road, probably sometime next year, I'll regear and get some ARB drawers for the back. Pelfrey is apparently working on a front bumper. If it's cool, I'll probably buy one (aluminum) and throw a winch in it.

My photographer buddy is riding shotgun for Colossal so hopefully he'll be able to supplement the awesome coverage Addison and the dudes at Tamarack will provide.

I dig your rig, especially the wheels. I'm going to purchase a set of F5s soon along with a slight lift. If you went with a more conventional 70 sidewall, do you know what'll fit with minimal trimming? 275?

I dig your rig, especially the wheels. I'm going to purchase a set of F5s soon along with a slight lift. If you went with a more conventional 70 sidewall, do you know what'll fit with minimal trimming? 275?
Sorry, but I really have no idea. I would think a 265/70R17 would fit just fine.

Went on a little road trip with some buddies a couple weeks ago. I didn't take many photos, but my buddy took these panning shots that I thought were pretty cool. A little blurry, but I still dig them.

TAK7mTCl.jpg

HCC0G6cl.jpg

Q69tiDFl.jpg

Hz4fpN2l.jpg

Those look great! Any write-up or pics of your custom rear swing?

Actually, the damn thing broke off about 300 more off-road miles after those pictures were taken. Got it put back together (with more gusseting this time, haha...) but it's just a little twisted up on the frame-side so the spindle is actually leaning away from the rear hatch a few degrees causing the tire to hang back a bit, and when it opens the swing arm droops considerably as it rotates on the leaning spindle. Not the most photogenic right now ;)

Here's a link to a guy who took a LOT of pictures while building his. Mine is/was very similar, but now has some gusseting added on the spindle side.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1014827418648371&type=3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom