A 200 is meant to have 37’s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tried out the 37s. Comically fun. It really needs some mud flaps though...

IMG_7486-L.jpg

68046355636__BB211364-9344-4D91-90D8-EFAAF7B82687-X2.jpg

Well I got them on just sensor lifted. For most here who are trying to wheel decently hard I think I'd want to cut some fender or have more "lift." I live at 10,000ft and these 37's are actually a pound or 2 lighter than the 315/70 KO2 I took off so power loss is about as low as one could wish for. Should work well for my needs of a minivan that can tackle the named worst washboard roads in Colorado's Park County. I never care to plow snow from our driveway and think it's fun to have to "wheel" into our house when there is ~2+ feet of snow mid-winter right after a storm.

Coming from a de-corked and tuned Duramax it was never a fast vehicle stock IMO. Going to a light weight wheel and the lightest tire I could find that has good ice/snow performance makes me think I found the happy medium for me. Just hoping I don't flex too much exiting my driveway and rip off a rear mudflap cause I want to keep those and my paint.

The worst part? Somebody told me last week that I can't put a Harrop 2650 supercharger on it.....so I scheduled an appointment with my doctor to find out how to cure this disease I'm stricken with that I mentioned on the last page.
F1A48A02-5245-4C0F-831E-248F9D9A34C4.jpeg

F8A05E76-4903-4741-A0B9-53978BBF6DF1.jpeg

Naw, just kidding, I have an appointment to get some boost in this bitch.😂 Just waiting on the shop to get verification they can tune one. Wonder if the guinea pig for that is on this forum lurking. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Finally got around to doing a mudflap. VHB, plastic screw grommets and 1/8 aluminum for the mounts. Rallyarmor flaps, so far super pleased with them. And hey, it clears!

IMG_7628-X3.jpg

IMG_7630-X3.jpg

68335269833__B1289287-289D-4E05-978A-C8EDD1D9709F-X3.jpg
I like the look of what you have done. How rigid are the flaps?

I have those Rally Armor flaps - I used them as a filler for the rear bumper. They're fairly thin plastic - rigid enough not to flap in the breeze but no thinner than box cardboard. They look decent and are cheap though, unlike the ARB flaps which are thick and expensive.

About 1/8" thick and not super rigid. I wanted something that wouldn't scoop up mud!

Aren't those just giant fender flares they run?
Yes they are. The only full fiberglass fender I’ve seen was a custom one in the Middle East.

C7BD1E6F-F28F-4CB9-A220-86984D5DBE77.jpeg

I wish one of the glass companies would offer fenders for the 200.

I have a 1" body lift on order which might negate the need for bump stop spacers, but I'd rather lose that final inch of travel for now until I see how much body flex there is.
@nwfl4runner, did I read this correctly? You ORDERED a body lift from somewhere? PLEASE tell me this is correct and you can share where.

I keep waiting for some company to put this together for a 200 Series, but have yet to see anything. Everyone I've seen are doing DIY kits, and I am not a fab guy and randomly putting something like this together for my daily driver makes me nervous.

Finally got around to doing a mudflap. VHB, plastic screw grommets and 1/8 aluminum for the mounts. Rallyarmor flaps, so far super pleased with them. And hey, it clears!

IMG_7628-X3.jpg

IMG_7630-X3.jpg

68335269833__B1289287-289D-4E05-978A-C8EDD1D9709F-X3.jpg

Nice work! I was thinking this weekend it would be nice to have front flaps as we ran about 30 miles of wet gravel. I was thinking something along these lines as 35s are sitting in the shop for it.

If it wasn’t my girls daily I’d just put 37s on it and be done.

@nwfl4runner, did I read this correctly? You ORDERED a body lift from somewhere? PLEASE tell me this is correct and you can share where.

I keep waiting for some company to put this together for a 200 Series, but have yet to see anything. Everyone I've seen are doing DIY kits, and I am not a fab guy and randomly putting something like this together for my daily driver makes me nervous.

Poor choice of words on my part! I ordered the lift pucks but pieced a kit together using info from @MTKID and some other posts. More info here. I will put together a few radiator drop brackets over the next few weeks so they’ll be available if folks get the urge.

Well I got them on just sensor lifted. For most here who are trying to wheel decently hard I think I'd want to cut some fender or have more "lift." I live at 10,000ft and these 37's are actually a pound or 2 lighter than the 315/70 KO2 I took off so power loss is about as low as one could wish for. Should work well for my needs of a minivan that can tackle the named worst washboard roads in Colorado's Park County. I never care to plow snow from our driveway and think it's fun to have to "wheel" into our house when there is ~2+ feet of snow mid-winter right after a storm.

Coming from a de-corked and tuned Duramax it was never a fast vehicle stock IMO. Going to a light weight wheel and the lightest tire I could find that has good ice/snow performance makes me think I found the happy medium for me. Just hoping I don't flex too much exiting my driveway and rip off a rear mudflap cause I want to keep those and my paint.

The worst part? Somebody told me last week that I can't put a Harrop 2650 supercharger on it.....so I scheduled an appointment with my doctor to find out how to cure this disease I'm stricken with that I mentioned on the last page.View attachment 3078548
View attachment 3078549
Naw, just kidding, I have an appointment to get some boost in this bitch.😂 Just waiting on the shop to get verification they can tune one. Wonder if the guinea pig for that is on this forum lurking. 🤷‍♂️

ok ok ok buddy. I’ll black out the fing chrome.

Poor choice of words on my part! I ordered the lift pucks but pieced a kit together using info from @MTKID and some other posts. More info here. I will put together a few radiator drop brackets over the next few weeks so they’ll be available if folks get the urge.
Oh darn. I am surprised nobody has put together a BL kit by now for these. At least a 1". Super cool if you're willing to put together extra radiator drop bracket kits for people to sell and help out. I have been reading up on @MTKID's Fat Amy thread. I'm very grateful for the info, just not great at DIY. I may be acquiring 37s from a friend as soon as... May. I'm still working on not rubbing with my 35s. lol

Oh darn. I am surprised nobody has put together a BL kit by now for these. At least a 1". Super cool if you're willing to put together extra radiator drop bracket kits for people to sell and help out. I have been reading up on @MTKID's Fat Amy thread. I'm very grateful for the info, just not great at DIY. I may be acquiring 37s from a friend as soon as... May. I'm still working on not rubbing with my 35s. lol

We’re all sick. Lol

I'm just not sure how to stuff 37s while keeping KDSS

I'd rather not do a cross member chop for the BDS lift

I don't want to run tundra parts or a close to 0 offset wheel

I'm just not sure how to stuff 37s while keeping KDSS

I'd rather not do a cross member chop for the BDS lift

I don't want to run tundra parts or a close to 0 offset wheel

Why no tundra parts? I found on stock arms and rock warriors that my 37, once it cleared the body mount, was HARD into the frame before hitting full lock. That was the reason I went to tundra arms. I will admit I’m not a fan of wide stance except on true long travel, but I’ll take that in exchange for no interference anywhere.

Now that being said, my “try to keep the alignment the same after loosening everything” might have screwed things up, but I can go full lock and do backwards circles in low without rubbing, for what good that does me…

Why no tundra parts? I found on stock arms and rock warriors that my 37, once it cleared the body mount, was HARD into the frame before hitting full lock. That was the reason I went to tundra arms. I will admit I’m not a fan of wide stance except on true long travel, but I’ll take that in exchange for no interference anywhere.

Now that being said, my “try to keep the alignment the same after loosening everything” might have screwed things up, but I can go full lock and do backwards circles in low without rubbing, for what good that does me…
Then I would have to switch to tundra shocks, and Im kind of in love with my tuned kings!

Then I would have to switch to tundra shocks, and Im kind of in love with my tuned kings!
Do you have to switch to a Tundra shock? I didn’t know that was required for the LC guys. I kept my LX AHC shocks and am still happy.

And have you considered the 37x11.5r17 Nitto Recon Grappler? Possibly that narrower tire might give you a little more clearance, w/o sticking out too far.

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom