8x Series V8 Swaps (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks to me like I just completely get rid of IH3. Can anyone confirm or deny this? with the harness apart, half of ih3 went to the transmission and the other half went to the ecu

Last edited:
I'm wondering about factory ujoints with 400hp.

I'm gonna need custom driveshafts for my L8T. Was initially thinking of keeping stock ends and joints while just changing the length of the shafts. But I'm thinking that won't be the best idea.

Standard offset rear differential, but I have center output from transfer case.

Is there a good "standard" joint for custom driveshafts? Maybe even a double cardan joint.

I'm wondering about factory ujoints with 400hp.

I'm gonna need custom driveshafts for my L8T. Was initially thinking of keeping stock ends and joints while just changing the length of the shafts. But I'm thinking that won't be the best idea.

Standard offset rear differential, but I have center output from transfer case.

Is there a good "standard" joint for custom driveshafts? Maybe even a double cardan joint.

I've put close to 1000 ft/lbs of Cummins torque through the stock transfer case, drivelines and diffs on 35" tires. That's 3rd gear AWD drifting on dry pavement power.

Twisted the input shaft off an NV4500 after awhile.

I recommend keeping Toyota drivelines and U-joints. Good stuff.

I always replace U joints on the drive shafts but do not change from OEM. Be careful on the front shaft, the drive shaft shop replaced the yokes once and they were a bit larger and cause interference with the trans pan.

That feeling you get when you close up the dash and get the @Delta VS parts in after your LS swap. So close to rolling on the daily.

Only the charge light and the TCC brake need to be done.

Oh and the new leather for seats and steering wheel. Def going a diff path so stay tuned to see if I pull it off. Need to find the EWD for the 2021UX Special shout-out to @TLC94LS If you haven’t watched his YT. Watch it. Helped a ton. @Feldrian yes it will be rolling soon. Think of it like a project at work. It’s just a LRP. 😂😂

Could my radio have more finger prints on it? I think not. I think I just changed my diff oil and then used that thing. PS....my glove box with soo much behind it is pressure loaded. RIP to the person who tries to open that thing.

IMG_8044.jpeg

That feeling you get when you close up the dash and get the @Delta VS parts in after your LS swap. So close to rolling on the daily.

Only the charge light and the TCC brake need to be done.

Oh and the new leather for seats and steering wheel. Def going a diff path so stay tuned to see if I pull it off. Need to find the EWD for the 2021UX Special shout-out to @TLC94LS If you haven’t watched his YT. Watch it. Helped a ton. @Feldrian yes it will be rolling soon. Think of it like a project at work. It’s just a LRP. 😂😂

Could my radio have more finger prints on it? I think not. I think I just changed my diff oil and then used that thing. PS....my glove box with soo much behind it is pressure loaded. RIP to the person who tries to open that thing.

View attachment 3389213
We're in Reiter on Sunday if you want to come and break it in right 😁

We're in Reiter on Sunday if you want to come and break it in right 😁
Reiter = Break. Not Break it in. There are rocks there larger than my 80. Engine tuning is scheduled for 8/14. Plus I am waiting for an inner axle shaft from Cruiser Teq. And...then there is this oil leak. I shouldn't call it a leak. More like a fountain.

Looks great! I haven’t been able to get on mine lately with house projects and summer trips. I’m in Stanley Idaho, it is absolutely stunning. I made some time to visit the Delta VS shop on our way back to the airport. Let me know if anyone wants a picture of something or a particular question. I want to see a rear bumper in person. I have started to dress up my wiring and get it finalized. I need two days at home to be driving to the muffler shop. So my goal is to be done by Sept for the fall camping season. Yellow belly Lake in the photo.

IMG_0502.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

Anyone have good luck with any particular battery cable crimpers. I’ve got to make some more. Got some from Amazon and they crimp terribly. They squeeze out some of the terminal lug. Can’t seem to find a good solution. Looking to see if anyone has a good setup.

I have the Amazon crimper above Post #3632. it has been working well for years. I solder my lugs first then crimp them. Suspenders and a belt :)

I have the Amazon crimper above Post #3632. it has been working well for years. I solder my lugs first then crimp them. Suspenders and a belt :)
I solder then crimp also, we have done it a work for years with no problems so I figured ain't broke don't fix it!

IMG_7177.jpeg

Things are starting to happen

Has anyone been able to fit a double cardan/cv front shaft with marks and a 4l80e? I had one before the swap and it hits the 4l80e pan with the transfer in the stock location... I only have a 2" lift.

Just to contribute, a cadillac cts v throttle and bracket and a 3/8 aluminum transfer shifter adapter (for marks)

20230804_191849.jpg

20230803_142615.jpg

20230804_202428.jpg

Has anyone been able to fit a double cardan/cv front shaft with marks and a 4l80e? I had one before the swap and it hits the 4l80e pan with the transfer in the stock location... I only have a 2" lift.
I'm listening. I'm almost at that step, but I have a 4" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom