8x Series V8 Swaps (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s a screen thot of the intake pieces. I cut the aluminum tube to size. The a/c lines were made at a shop, $350. I just took in the Toyota and Chevy lines and told them how long I needed. The power steering hose I put the steering box end on myself. I bought the inverted flare fitting and -6 hyd end. I work on forklifts and have the crimper.

View attachment 3029926
Is that to say you used the stock GM truck high pressure P/S line, cut off the end, installed the Toyota high pressure fitting, flared the line, and installed to the steering box?

Is that to say you used the stock GM truck high pressure P/S line, cut off the end, installed the Toyota high pressure fitting, flared the line, and installed to the steering box?
Not quite but close. I bought a -6 an fitting for the box, and crimped a -6 Hydr hose end on the factory Chevy line.

I hate to ask but I’ve look around and didn’t see anything definitive. I’m about to order marks adapter for my 1994 swap with a 4wd 4l80e. Is there a way like a code or some better pictures. Besides just saying it’s 1994, that I have a hf2a case vs a 1a case. Just don’t want to be trying to do a return to Australia! Thanks. Sorry for the noob question.

You might be able to get the information from the VIN label on the drivers door.

The VIN or the build sticker does not contain that info. If you have a US spec model the transfer case will be a HF2A with no ABS or HF2AV if you have ABS.

Build sticker, the one that has the type of axle on it.

Like I said it doesn't contain transfercase

1655583876047.png

That was a highlight of the paint code that I posted on a different thread. 045 is a white paint.

I hate to ask but I’ve look around and didn’t see anything definitive. I’m about to order marks adapter for my 1994 swap with a 4wd 4l80e. Is there a way like a code or some better pictures. Besides just saying it’s 1994, that I have a hf2a case vs a 1a case. Just don’t want to be trying to do a return to Australia! Thanks. Sorry for the noob question.
I would double check that you have the correct transmission(4wd 4l80) for their adapter. I know the 4l60 adapter uses a 2wd transmission. I didn’t do any research on 4l80s so don’t know off the top of my head

I would double check that you have the correct transmission(4wd 4l80) for their adapter. I know the 4l60 adapter uses a 2wd transmission. I didn’t do any research on 4l80s so don’t know off the top of my head
Yeah, I’m good on getting 4l80 4wd adapter, my question is how to verify which transfer case you have which is another part of the puzzle. Based on year model, 1994 mine should be a hf2a, not sure if I have abs. I’ll have to look. My question is there a way to verify transfer case not based on year model? Outside markings or anything.

The Traverse dual electric fans seem to be a good fit for our radiators. Going to control it with the high/low pins with the PCM and three relays. Partial power to both on low and full power to both on high.

GM PN 1581657
BUICKENCLAVE2008-2017
CHEVROLETTRAVERSE2009-2017
GMCACADIA2007-2016
GMCACADIA LIMITED2017
SATURNOUTLOOK2007-2010

Here are some pictures of the fit. Still have to put foam weatherstripping around the shroud and secure the upper passenger side portion of the shroud somehow.

We'll see how well they work. I have to keep moving with the project.

8.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

You most likely have an HF2A if it is US Spec- heads up, make sure you helicoil or timesert everything in that Marks Adapter before you install! Mine failed because the aluminum threads in the adapter fail.

No, but I just snapped some pictures. They aren’t the greatest, but it’s pretty simple.

Flip the lever on the trans to the top so the push/pull interface between the shifter is correct. A simple mount in the trans tunnel on the passenger side to hold that cable will need to be fab’d up. Shifter works perfectly like stock after playing with adjustment a bit.

Stock GM cable bracket on side of trans (flipped to the top of course):

View attachment 2399616

View attachment 2399615
View attachment 2399618

Factory GM lever flipped to the top:

View attachment 2399617

Here is the simple mount that is bolted to the passenger side of the trans tunnel to hold the cable on that end:

View attachment 2399619

Hope this helps. It has worked perfectly for 3yrs 30k+ miles.
It looks like you made a new hole higher up on the LC's shift lever. Did you find it was necessary to correct the throw distance between gear selections?

Why not leave push/pull interface as is and mount the shift cable coming from the back of the truck?

shiftercable.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom