8x Series V8 Swaps (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple of questions:

Can you share where you sourced your intake pipe and couplers?

Did you crimp your own A/C and P/S lines? They look great.
Here’s a screen thot of the intake pieces. I cut the aluminum tube to size. The a/c lines were made at a shop, $350. I just took in the Toyota and Chevy lines and told them how long I needed. The power steering hose I put the steering box end on myself. I bought the inverted flare fitting and -6 hyd end. I work on forklifts and have the crimper.

C027FDD0-1AE6-4D3B-9467-9C0C6BFECEF8.jpeg

Couple of questions:

Can you share where you sourced your intake pipe and couplers?

Did you crimp your own A/C and P/S lines? They look great.
Search “A/C” and my user name in this thread. I detail everything needed and the tool to buy. It’s $100 or so. Easy

Last issue keeping me from firing up.

[Red]Pin 9 fuel signal wire gives me 11v with key on constantly (when not attached to relay)(read its supposed to be 2 seconds)

When I attach the wire to the relay I get zero V.(tried 2 new relays)

2002 lq4 pcm.

Fuel pump runs when 12v applied directly

Last issue keeping me from firing up.

[Red]Pin 9 fuel signal wire gives me 11v with key on constantly (when not attached to relay)(read its supposed to be 2 seconds)

When I attach the wire to the relay I get zero V.(tried 2 new relays)

2002 lq4 pcm.

Fuel pump runs when 12v applied directly
Did you get the VATs turned off in the programming?

Are you using the battery as reference for the negative or the negative for the relay?
Tested both ways. 11v only when relay is disconnected. It fires up for a sec with starting fluid. Going to run and get a fuel pressure tester and tuner will stop by to verify vats delete soon.

Tested both ways. 11v only when relay is disconnected. It fires up for a sec with starting fluid. Going to run and get a fuel pressure tester and tuner will stop by to verify vats delete soon.
You could always try running a battery + to the relay and see if it works and starts. Then you will know if it’s the PCM

Sounds like it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. Have you tried turning it over to start?

Vats isn’t your problem. If it’s Vats it will fire for a sec.

Any other ideas why injectors wouldn't fire?

You have something wired wrong or your ECU is bricked. Try another ECU for a quick test. It doesn’t need to be flashed or VATs deleted.
You probably have something wired wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom