80 Series ROTW/ROTM/ROTF offical "Where are they now?" thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They forgot about us.

Edit: I'd add some pics but the mud droid app keeps crashing.

Last edited:
I purchased Bull's '97 40th 80 series a few montha ago, really happy with it. I've since added a Slee Short-bus front w/a Warn 9.5XP. Haven't had it wheeling yet, but soon I hope !

She's a beaut! Fix that quarter, she doesn't deserve that..;p

The other side is just like it !

The other side is just like it !

Do you plan on replacing the panels? Another option might be to bang those dents out as best as possible and line-x them..

Replacing the panels is out of the question, I got it for a trail truck. The "beat it out and line-x" is more of an equation. Sliders are next on the list, though. And rear storage.......And an inverter.........a sleeping platform.......You see where I'm going ?? Of course you do, you also drive an 80 !!:clap:

Im still around; turned 250k monday and came home and gave her some goodies.

New EMS exhaust and OEM powersteering pump, lines and aftermarket cooler and a wash/wax

New radiator due to the old one just giving up, dog hair clogged prefilter, and the evercracked gas tank.
other than that all bout the same here and looks no different than my last ROTF post. But she still cleans up nice as I ditched the roof rack and added AT's for a trip to NY this weekend.
IMG_5820.jpg

I'm still around, I went over to the 100 section for a few years and broke the 80 for parts, there wasn't a straight panel on it and worth more in bits

ROTW

How it finished up:
09-02-16-070.JPG

have come to my senses and have an 80 again now :D

Great thread idea :cheers:

I still have mine. Since the original ROTW thread (linked in my sig)the rig has seen most of the planned upgrades (and a few unplanned :doh:) and the thread is updated with the changes. It has been through Rubicon (best Rising Sun trip EVER), several Cruise Moab events and every good trail in CO.
I now reside near Atlanta and for the most part it holds down the garage floor :frown: but I'm starting to do a bit more exploration.
By strange coincidence today I dropped by MUD and also drove it to work so here it is as it sits as of 10 minutes ago ...
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg

Just caught up on the last members that checked in, any other rotw/updates?

Hey brother my rigs are sitting in front of my house rusting away since I'm in the Middle East, actually looking to purchase a 105 or a 100 series G or GX here within the next couple of months. Haven't wheeled in a long time thinking about selling the 80 when I get back:( just hate seeing it not get used.

Zipped out the garage real quick to snap a pic for the thread.

Here's my August of 2006 ROTW 80 Series. Still kickin and doing well! Not much has changed, but it's seen some roads and trails over the last few years (Rubicon, Utah Cruiser Exped, etc).

Every blue moon I ponder selling her, but really wonder if I would kick myself in the end. I'm one of a few here locally that hasn't switched to the 100. For a guy who goes through A LOT of cars, I am proud to say my 80 holds the record for the longest car I have owned, which is about 7.5 years now.

:cheers:
Johnny
SF.jpg

What does rotf stand for?

Sorry "rotm"?

Hey brother my rigs are sitting in front of my house rusting away since I'm in the Middle East, actually looking to purchase a 105 or a 100 series G or GX here within the next couple of months. Haven't wheeled in a long time thinking about selling the 80 when I get back:( just hate seeing it not get used.

Navid, what's happening bro.. I hope all is well. That's great your thinking about getting a 100 series, I think you should get 105 with the solid axle, that would be sick.. Man I really miss the days when we used to wheel and talk cruisers all day. Brother my bad about last time, you were down here and we were supposed to go take a trip, I had a lot of personal s*** going on at that moment. Sorry for not returning your phone call dude... Seriously next time your down here we have to do what ever it takes to take a trip bro...
About you selling your crusier/s, don't get rid of any. I still get upset when I think about the 40 I sold. We do have a new cruiser in the family, my dad gave my son his red 71 FJ 40. Tons of plans for the future, going to do a full resto with my son and pops... Hope all is well including your parents. stay safe come back soon...

Hey Robert, good to hear from you, I know I miss those days too, good times. No worries regarding last time I was in the States, we'll get togather soon, I think my next trip back home will be in march or april, hopefully well get some wheeling done, miss beating on my truck:) 105's are used for goverment and military use here if I can find one in decent shape I'll definatly grap one, right now I'm driving a 2 door Prado with a 4 cylinder engine (2.7) its alright for the cityand the snow but not for serious 4wheeling, the thing will break with the kind of offroading that we do haha. The 100 series G or GX is basiclly a 100 series with a poverty package, no leather or power windows etc. its a nice vehical for bashing in the dunes and rocks, it comes witha rear locker which is nice an our builtproof beloved 4.5 litter engine, same as the 80's. Found some current pics of my 80, the front seats need to be recovered and it needs a front axle rebuilt besides that its as solid as ever. Needless to say I'll be making a call to Shane asap when I get back for a set of his seat covers. say hello to your dad for me and wow a 40 for your sons first truck, super nice! on to the pics.
001.JPG
006.JPG
004.JPG

here is a couple more pics. Is Alvoro, Doug, and the rest of the crew around ?
017.JPG
016.JPG
007.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom