Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I would make a proper introduction. Just had my first post over in the 40 sub since I'm a local Dallas guy looking for a mechanic/local shop. Don't have a 40. Well not yet lol. Bought my 80 in November of last year. It's in great condition but my CEL light popped on few weeks after driving. Dreaded p0401 code. Took to local mechanic/shop and they quoted me like $1700 for new egr valve and intake/tb cleaning of carbon buildup from bad egr. Told shop I would pick it up and give it a go myself. Local buddy with an 80 turned me on to mud. Shy guy and rarely post on forums. So I've been lurking for a while building up my knowledge base. I came into this blind not knowing much at all but I'm determined.

1. Year and model: 1997 FZJ80
  2. Name of owner: Some call me Ron. Also known as Will in other parts.
  3. Name of rig: White Hot Mama
  4. Location: Dallas, TX (east dallas/lake highlands)
  5. Mileage: 178k
  6. How truck is used: Daily driver, overlanding, offroading (gotta be honest never done the latter two but plan to. Lol. Complete newb here. Mechanically too. But thrilled to be on this journey)
  7. Mods: Haven't added any yet. PO had done quite a bit of restoration work. Mechanically truck seems to be really sound as well. He put on a bp51 old man emu lift kit too. Except for the p0401 no issues. Everything sounds great, etc. I hesitate saying that because I swear I will jinx myself. But prepared and have a backup vehicle in case this is out of service for extended periods of time. My first job is going to be cleaning intake and tb and doing the entire egr job. Found some great threads on here which give me confidence.
Anyways, gotta run. Look forward to chatting and so happy to be a part of this community. Will get more pics up later but will post these few.

View attachment 3260009
Check out Tandem Offroad in the DFW. They put out some good youtube videos shows them doing some quality work on LCs.

1. Year and model: 1995 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: John
3. Name of rig: Old Friend
4. Mileage: 338k
5. Mods: Dobinson 1.75" coils and shocks, 12v system, homemade hatch drawer/sleeping system, homemade rear spare tire carrier and roof rack, homemade steel locking center console, soon to be on 33"s and 17" Sequoia wheels
6. How the truck is used: Light overlanding, daily driving, work truck
7. Photos below:

53AE5C2A-E59F-4532-A5F0-42C36CE9D03C.jpeg

32C9B2B3-7574-4AA7-81D7-89F2E1C5E556.jpeg

It just found a stamp on it it’s by Kaymar it’s an Aussie brand it looks like they don’t have the same one anymore on their website.
Hey! I actually don't know. It was on it when I bought it, and it doesn't say the brand on it. I have seen others in Aus that are pretty similar by a brand called the cruiser company.

Ill look again and double check and let you know!
What brand/model is the rear tire carrier? I need one!

1. Year and model: 1994 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Andrew
3. Name of rig: Barbara
4. Mileage: 155k
5. Mods: Dobinson 1.75" coils and shocks on 33"s and Method wheels, after market stereo, speakers and sub, and a ton of other small mods
6. How the truck is used: mostly to transport my dog, getting more into overlanding now that the weather is picking up
7. Photo
68184807447__382F68FD-8037-4D99-B2CE-47FAF4606FBB.jpg
s below:

1. Year and model: 1996 FZJ80 moonglow
2. Name of owner: Jon
3. Name of rig: Spike
4. Mileage: 155k
5. Mods: Icon lift, 4x4 labs (bumper, sliders, tire carrier), factory 3x, sleeping platform
6. How the truck is used: DD, camping, trails
7. Photos below:

View attachment 3306998
Love the set up, what stealies are those? i have been looking for steal OEM rims with no luck.

Love the set up, what stealies are those? i have been looking for steal OEM rims with no luck.
Thank you, I appreciate it. These are OEM take offs for the FJ Cruiser. I believe this was the factory option for their spare tire. You can find them individually on eBay for decently cheap ($80ish) and buy enough for a set.

Hello, finally decided to register after browsing for a couple years. Bought my FJ a couple years ago, it was a time capsule, almost entirely unaltered in very nice condition. Had plenty of shoddy repairs over the years prior to my ownership and spent about the 1st year getting reverted to OE and then promptly upgraded.

1. 1991 Land Cruiser 80
2. T.W.
3. nameless
4. 218,xxx
5. ARB front, ARB side steps, OME heavy duty 3" lift and misc bushings, Ironman panhard and misc components, Corbeau sport seats and tracks and a bunch of stuff pending installation (will update when done)
6. Daily driver, camper, offroading

View attachment 2488017

Wanted to update my profile, and dang how this has changed. So I am parting with my land cruiser, it is currently on BaT No Reserve: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-fj80-47 if anyone wants to see its final form, or wants to continue where I left off.

1. Year and model: 91 FJ80
2. Name of owner: Jon
3. Name of rig:
4. Mileage: 347K
5. Mods...if any: Unknown rear tire carrier, 6" OME lift, Allied Beadlocks, 38" Swamper SX
6. How the truck is used: Just picked it up this past Friday. It needs some maintenance and some interior refreshing. Once I get it where I feel comfortable traveling around it will be a weekend play toy . First pic is when I brought it home, second pic is after I took off the generic tires and side steps and put my beadlocks and 38's on. First 80 series Cruiser...I have built several Jeeps over the years, mainly rock crawlers. Looking forward to building this one.

LC 2.JPG

LC 1.JPG

Dropping in with info on my new-to-me 80:

1. Year and model: 96 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Moose
3. Name of rig: Ruth
4. Mileage: 181k - just broken in
5. Mods...if any: None at the moment, tires and a mild lift soon! I plan to keep this one light on mods, though easier said than done.
6. How the truck is used: Still figuring this out. I think I’ll use it for fishing, climbing biking trips to the mountains where it’s a solo trip or +1 or more involved 4x4 trails. For trips with more people think the 100 still wins on comfort.
71DC5229-E285-4590-80AC-38B32E9F03D3.jpeg

311E10E1-632D-4E3C-ABF2-B400C534DE6A.jpeg

IMG_8484.jpeg

Last edited:
Been lurking on here a while, finally decided to join!

1. 1991 FJ80
2. Vincent
3. Un-named for now (typically referred to as "the truck")
4. ~168k mi
5. Old Man EMU 2", Hankook DynaPro AT-m 33X12.50R15 tires, JVC head unit. Came with Manik "armor" and PIAA fog lights, and tint. Radiator was replaced just before I bought it, along with the power steering pump. Had a few gaskets replaced due to leaks, front knuckles & wheel bearings as well. I upgraded the struts for the hood and rear door because they didn't work anymore. Had to replace driver's seat belt (frayed). Typical wear and tear stuff.
6. Daily driver & weekend warrior road trip/camping. Planning on building out for overlanding.
(First big trip was driving from SoCal up to Oregon. Had zero issues. Impressed me, especially being 29yo!)
View attachment 2165121
I don't post on here much, but I had to share...
Unfortunately, she lives no more....I rolled her last Thursday (don't worry, I walked away w/o a scratch). Thanks to her sturdy build I wasn't injured, but she's looking like a total. I had someone try to make a left hand turn across the highway into town (60mph speed limit). The driver apparently didn't see me coming around the bend and panicked once he did and just stopped in the middle of the road (he got cited by the highway patrol that showed up). In order to avoid a head on collision, I tried swerving around him to the right, but hit the gravel shoulder and then did a half circle skid around him to the other shoulder, where I ultimately rolled and came to a stop behind him. I'm glad to have walked away from it, and that no one else was injured, but still majorly bummed about the truck.....My original post is from when I lived in Oregon, but I've lived out in Montana for the past 2 years. She really shined out here during the winters and on the local BLM trails, she'll be missed!
IMG_5473.JPG
IMG_5475.JPG

I don't post on here much, but I had to share...
Unfortunately, she lives no more....I rolled her last Thursday (don't worry, I walked away w/o a scratch). Thanks to her sturdy build I wasn't injured, but she's looking like a total. I had someone try to make a left hand turn across the highway into town (60mph speed limit). The driver apparently didn't see me coming around the bend and panicked once he did and just stopped in the middle of the road (he got cited by the highway patrol that showed up). In order to avoid a head on collision, I tried swerving around him to the right, but hit the gravel shoulder and then did a half circle skid around him to the other shoulder, where I ultimately rolled and came to a stop behind him. I'm glad to have walked away from it, and that no one else was injured, but still majorly bummed about the truck.....My original post is from when I lived in Oregon, but I've lived out in Montana for the past 2 years. She really shined out here during the winters and on the local BLM trails, she'll be missed!
View attachment 3397850View attachment 3397851
Turn it into a convertible with a roll cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom