80 Series GIS Skid now available - HuddExpo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good News! Both versions back in stock and a bit ahead of target. Welded/Electroplated versions are getting hardware put together today meaning everything will be shipping out Monday or Tuesday. If you want in on this round of this sweet skid, get it ordered!

For those of you that pre-ordered, thanks a bunch, and they will be heading your way soon.

Order the welded/plated version here - 80 Series GIS Skid - Fully Welded
Order the DIY kit here - 80 Series GIS Skid - DIY Kit

David

Product update:

If we’re honest with ourselves, we’ll understand that for 90% of the folks out there, a great skid plate offers serviceability. Realistically, we’re going to be under our trucks more than we are bashing a huge boulder field.

Tonight, I’m giving the Trans a “drain and fill” and the first thing I thought was “oh s***, this skid is going to be right in the way.” Turns out, @cjmoon thought of that and designed it so you can access the drain plug incredibly easy.

No mess on the heavy flow, only a slight splash on the “trickle.”

Props to the design to be able to service trans and u-joints easy.

BDB9EA6F-FF7D-41AB-8888-5342E21D54BA.jpeg
585DBC83-02DE-4DB9-AE16-5F763972EF82.jpeg

It looks like some of this weeks shipments are starting to land at door steps:). For those early 91-92 guys that have been asking about fitment, I should have some good info this weekend or early next week. I suspect the t-case drain plug is a bit off on the current version.

Thanks again for the orders!

With these older trucks many trucks have modified or non-original Exhaust for frame over like the earlier trucks. If your seeing issues with fit reach out. I have a few frame mounts that moves it back some to create more clearance for rear o2 sensor on a frame over set up.

Pictures below for reference. Raw steel mount fitting behind the current design.

Let us know we’ll be happy to send these out to you.

Jess

D8620877-47E8-4125-A828-559FD4FEDBDF.jpeg

64121A42-F6BA-4049-B1E4-EABD3C2D2D7C.jpeg

With these older trucks many trucks have modified or non-original Exhaust for frame over like the earlier trucks. If your seeing issues with fit reach out. I have a few frame mounts that moves it back some to create more clearance for rear o2 sensor on a frame over set up.

Pictures below for reference. Raw steel mount fitting behind the current design.

Jess

View attachment 1978586

View attachment 1978587

FYI the brackets for the relocated frame mount are on the shelve in black zinc, for quick delivery.

Thank You everyone for your interest in the product.

Jess

View attachment 1978586

View attachment 1978587

Oh sure, come out with this after I welded my bracket to my frame in a different spot :)

Great product, getting anxious to bash mine on some rocks.

Received this photo. Customer was nice enough to lay his rig over in Moab for a photo opp.... good looking skid under there.

B22D2F70-933B-4190-8D09-2AE998F82F9E.jpeg

Good time to check drive shafts and knuckle studs. It’s recommended once a year. This is a quick method when lifts aren’t avalible.

Received this photo. Customer was nice enough to lay his rig over in Moab for a photo opp.... good looking skid under there.

View attachment 1985502
Good time to check drive shafts and knuckle studs. It’s recommended once a year. This is a quick method when lifts aren’t avalible.

Damn some drive it and dont even lift a tire. Must not have youtube

How does a poor 94 guy such as myself go about obtaining the different rear mount to clear the exhaust? I took a look with the provided stuff and didn't see much option with what arrived in the box to make it work. I figure I could move the u-bolt side of things forward and fab up something but if there's an off the shelf solution I'd be inclined to go that route if at all possible

Met up with @cjmoon yesterday afternoon for a test fit/install of one onto my ‘92. Very well thought out and built skid/crossmember.

He modified one ever so slightly with a cut out on the back for the t case drain plug. Not quite as perfect as the fitment on a 1fz due to the shorter non VC case which required a slightly different approach to install using a large ratchet strap to support the t case. The jack on the output flange didn’t leave enough room to slide it back into place.

This is a perfect option for those wanting a little more piece of mind without a huge weight penalty. I am pleased to report that my 3FE’s 0-60 time didn’t drop several seconds with the install of this skid.

Thanks again Jess

98A45E59-97EB-4CDC-B634-6776BE3EE7FD.jpeg

3910B253-139A-4919-8070-C14885142395.jpeg

Last edited:
Anything in the works for us 94 guys already with this unit as far as being able to secure to the passenger side frame rail like it does on the 95-97?

Anything in the works for us 94 guys already with this unit as far as being able to secure to the passenger side frame rail like it does on the 95-97?
PM me some details and pics. I have a different frame mount I’ll send you that moves the mount back some. Don’t think we’ve had confirmation on the 93-95.5 fit just that this different mount fits those that have gone frame over on 95.5-97. Would love some feedback.

A16FD09C-D5AB-40B9-B4E3-6A3DB4F1C44E.jpeg

73851756-9F44-4741-B7FB-194FC8B92DC9.jpeg

Also the front trans guard is in work. Little off the beaten path but believe this is the best option in protection, simple maintenance, and weight mindfulness. For cost consideration sticking with 1/8” steel. Only weighs 5 pounds more over 3/16” aluminum with equal strength offering at a considerable savings.

5472D5B5-52B0-4ED4-9818-2F47A52E1DE9.jpeg

DDBF1391-1D29-473C-BF0D-B133A474B907.jpeg

27A9D9D7-CB17-432E-BFFE-4AC258850C14.jpeg

PM me some details and pics. I have a different frame mount I’ll send you that moves the mount back some. Don’t think we’ve had confirmation on the 93-95.5 fit just that this different mount fits those that have gone frame over on 95.5-97. Would love some feedback.

View attachment 2008800

View attachment 2008801

I shot you a message with some pic's let me know if you'd like anymore or need something different.

Only two of the welded/anodized versions left. FYI - there will be a $25 price increase with the next batch. If you're on the fence, get one of these before the price goes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom