80 Series GIS Skid now available - HuddExpo (1 Viewer)

GSTMike

SILVER Star
Very nice to see. Did you try both frame mounts? That’s the “non standard” that I’ve used with some folks with custom exhaust or 93-95 OBD1.
The main skid is designed for the 3fe 91-92 non Viscous couple trucks. They are not advertised currently, but I’m looking for more feed back. I have 2 more DIY available for design proofs. I’m pretty confident it should be a good fit now. With pieces I have on hand.

thank you @dan1554

I'd love a rear mount for 93-94, I've currently just left that floating as the provided one won't work with the exhaust/dual cat setup on the 93-94

I'd love a rear mount for 93-94, I've currently just left that floating as the provided one won't work with the exhaust/dual cat setup on the 93-94
PM me shipping detail. I’ll send the other mount set up and a slightly longer link that will be available in a few weeks.

I designed this with I tighter approach. I knew there would be some close fit issues. But didn’t want a loose one size fits all. High and tight is what I’m after. Love the feed back. Would like pictures of fit issues with different exhaust systems. We’ll get you taken care of.

GSTMike

SILVER Star
PM me shipping detail. I’ll send the other mount set up and a slightly longer link that will be available in a few weeks.

I designed this with I tighter approach. I knew there would be some close fit issues. But didn’t want a loose one size fits all. High and tight is what I’m after. Love the feed back. Would like pictures of fit issues with different exhaust systems. We’ll get you taken care of.

I think the fit and finish of the whole thing is first rate and totally agree with where your coming from with the one size fits all approach as that's kind of like being a jack of all trades and master of F all!

I'll shoot you my shipping address and much appreciate the customer service/support it's beyond refreshing in this day and age of the Amazonians!

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Transmission pan skid prototype underway...more to come.

gistrnyskid-4.jpg

GSTMike

SILVER Star

Shot you a message mate but never heard back?

Any progress on the tranny skid plate add on? Your skid plate held up admirably on the Rubicon but I bashed the heck out of my transmission drain pan. Would love to have a solution besides me fabing it up.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Any progress on the tranny skid plate add on? Your skid plate held up admirably on the Rubicon but I bashed the heck out of my transmission drain pan. Would love to have a solution besides me fabing it up.

Yes, like I mentioned just before this post the tranny skid is a few weeks away. As we get closer to releasing, I will update here for sure.

slow95z

Always parting 80s
SILVER Star
@LC4LIFE help a fat redneck out and show me a better picture of that frame mount side for the trans skid. Can't figure this stupid thing out. 87 pounds of mud covering all the bolt holes doesn't help.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
@LC4LIFE help a fat redneck out and show me a better picture of that frame mount side for the trans skid. Can't figure this stupid thing out. 87 pounds of mud covering all the bolt holes doesn't help.
I’ll get something to you tomorrow. I just rolled in after a handful of snow recoveries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom