80 series carpet available now. Matching mats available also (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like Cass007, I would like to know if you can match the Oak or whatever color the LX450s have. Mine is pretty beat up in my new to me 1996.

Thanks,

Jon

For the 80 series, I would only be curious if there is any type of carpet upgrade available?

I would like to echo this and add other than any carpet upgrade availability also any of the backing upgrade (Mass backing)?

Any spy photos..... Just noticed my front passenger carpet is extremely faded.... Carpet is fine, but the color is going to kill me..
I don't have any photos right now, but I will get some

Yes! I need new carpet!

Here's the 60 series thread:

New 60 carpet for sale! JUNE 1, 2018 UPDATE
I can help with that!

I'm definitely in for this, I just spent the better part of every spare hour I had last week fixing leaks spanning Sunroof drains, windshields to stupid stuff from the PO that my carpets smell like rusted dog's arseholes now!
Yep, I've encountered that same thing before. At the time, new carpet wasn't available, but the old carpet was definitely my stink problem!

Sooooo interested. I've been looking a carpet set from Stock Interiors, but this looks very good. I just went through the entire 60 Series thread. A few questions. Will the 80 Series kit include the Jute backing? Color options other than factory match? (considering black). With the floormats, will the second row mat be a full width single mat or two separate "driver/passenger" side mats? Will these be cut pile or loop pile?

Thanks for offering these!
(a) Yes, the "padding," as they call it, comes with it. (b) Yes, other colors, including black, are options. If you want a color other than OEM colors or black (that's all I've ever sold for the 6x series), I'd need to see what I need to do to get samples sent. Since I worked so hard on "correct" colors for the 6x trucks, I'd want to make sure you were getting the color your expected to get. (c) the second row mat will be one-piece, per OEM style. (d) the carpet can be had in either pile, but it is primarily available in cut pile, per OEM

Count me in. Been wanting to change my carpet. Definitely love to see pics when available. Thanks
I don't have pics, but I'm planning to take some. In the meantime, the carpet is available NOW!

Precut for seats or no?
No. Just like with the other series of carpets, since people configure their trucks in so many different ways, the carpets come completely uncut.

Awesome! I’ve been wanting to start converting my interior to tan.
Now's your chance! :hillbilly:

Very interested !!!
Just let me know

Would be an excuse to rip out the old and lay in some dynamat too. Interested.
Yep. Sound deadener makes a HUGE difference

+1 to all of @Box Rocket questions. Also, heard the brown carpet for the 97 LX450 is out of production and is not the same color as the LC carpet. Will there be a color match for that?
That's one thing I'll need to check

I might be in too!
Come on and join in!

For those curious, I ordered through DNP for my 60Series carpet kit last year. First batch was off on the color but he took care of it right away. Had everything needed including the jute backing. Carpet has a nice feel to it. Wouldn’t hesitate doing again.

For the 80 series, I would only be curious if there is any type of carpet upgrade available?
There is an upgrade in carpet that the national sales rep describes as having "about 40% taller pile than the regular cut pile." The only downside is they offer it in limited colors, so we'd have to determine if it's available in the color you want

Like Cass007, I would like to know if you can match the Oak or whatever color the LX450s have. Mine is pretty beat up in my new to me 1996.

Thanks,

Jon
As mentioned above, that's one question that I've not yet answered. I'll find that out and let you know.

I would like to echo this and add other than any carpet upgrade availability also any of the backing upgrade (Mass backing)?
I also need to find out if a "mass" type backing is available.......

Anyone who is wanting to proceed can send me a PM for ordering instructions.

Thanks again,
David

Any pics or a website you can steer us to to take a look?

Thanks,

Jon

LX450 and 80 Series oak carpets are the exact same color. Party on:grinpimp:

I just found out that mass backing IS available on this 80 carpet. I got conflicting responses to that question today, so I'm trying to nail down now how much extra that option will be. Stand by..............

I just found out that mass backing IS available on this 80 carpet. I got conflicting responses to that question today, so I'm trying to nail down now how much extra that option will be. Stand by..............
Could you clarify (or better yet post a photo) what the backside of your standard carpet kits is? Interested to see the backing/padding that is standard as I decide whether or not it's worth it to me to add mass backing or jute padding.

Interested in this as my front carpet was getting wet for who knows how long and I'd prefer something with cleaner, more useful insulation.

Are there any pictures of the carpet - front, back, installed (especially at the seams and corners)? Does it require removing the old nasty insulation underneath?

Any chance you can get the molded vinyl flooring? Would love to rip out my carpet and replace with vinyl for ease of cleaning.

Could you clarify (or better yet post a photo) what the backside of your standard carpet kits is? Interested to see the backing/padding that is standard as I decide whether or not it's worth it to me to add mass backing or jute padding.
Yes. I think we’re going to be test-fitting a set Wednesday night. I’ll post some pics

Are there any pictures of the carpet - front, back, installed (especially at the seams and corners)? Does it require removing the old nasty insulation underneath?
I hope to have some photos tomorrow evening. And yes, I’d recommend removing as much of the OEM insulation as possible. A small wire brush will make quick work of it, and it makes the carpet lie down more evenly

Any chance you can get the molded vinyl flooring? Would love to rip out my carpet and replace with vinyl for ease of cleaning.
Actually, I don’t think that’s an option on the 80 series, but I’ll recheck. Also, you would think that would be the easiest option to “keep,” but it’s nearly the opposite. If you could hose the truck out, it WOULD probably be the easiest; however, where little, fine dust will settle in the carpet fibers, on a vinyl surface, you just end up looking at it (and all other debris on the surface.) No, a vinyl floor would stay MUCH dirtier. Staining is about the only instance where vinyl would be superior

So not precut, how about the plastic cable channels on the edges, do we have to transfer our old ones over?
Yes, you need to keep the plastic “bridges”. They keep the carpet from falling down into the trough where the wiring harnesses run. They can either be re-stapled to the carpet or they can be glued.

I've got some of your carpet for one of my 60s and just picked up a 97 LX450 last night that could use new carpet. Came here to look and glad I found the thread!

Glad you found me again! Hope your 60 installation was as transformational as the ones I’ve done!

I put a confusing title when I first posted about the carpet, and it appears many people on this thread still believe the 80 carpet isn’t available yet...... but it is. It’s the mats only that are in the works.

Glad to hear about your LX acquisition. Just let me know when you get ready for the new carpet.

David

Im wondering why dnp has not provided any pics of carpet?

I can report that @dnp is shipping these, as I've received mine.

All I've done is open the box to check color and texture (which is good for my 1991 with the bluish grey interior color).

I'm in the process of a minor restoration now, so I haven't got around to installing the new carpet.. but it should be in within two weeks.

I can report that @dnp is shipping these, as I've received mine.

All I've done is open the box to check color and texture (which is good for my 1991 with the bluish grey interior color).

I'm in the process of a minor restoration now, so I haven't got around to installing the new carpet.. but it should be in within two weeks.
Great! We'd love to see pics and get your impressions

I recently redid carpet in an 80 with another brand. It turned out great but holy cow was fitting it a pain. Is yours going to be trimmed and cut or just moulded?

Im wondering why dnp has not provided any pics of carpet?
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I've only ordered one set for a local guy, and I can't get him to go ahead and install it. I've also asked most other people to whom I've sold sets of 80 carpet to provide before and after photos (like MANY 60 people have provided), but no one's sent any. Hope to have photos at some point, but without any being sent, I'm at a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom