Builds 80 guy with a GX added to the stable! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to say hello to this section of the forum! I have been into Toyotas for some time now, started with a LX470 which ended up fairly built on 35s, to my current never ending project, the 80 series! Anywho, picked up an 05 GX470 about a week or so ago, 151k miles, clean title, one owner, all service records through Lexus of Bellevue, no KDSS or nav but I do plan on changing the suspension a wee bit. Still have not fully decided on how far I want to take this rig, possibly leave it fairly stock but also considering full LT, this will be more of a camping, fishing, adventuring rig while I leave most of my hardcore wheeling to the 80!

Here's a pic of the GX how she sits! After owning it for about a day I had to get rid of the baby sized tires and picked up some 285/70r17 Falken AT/3w which I hope do me well.
IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

Oh and here be the mighty 80
IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

Very nice! Never seen tube doors on an 80 before! Looks sick!
I came from an 80 on 35's myself to the GX. You will find them very similar but man you are going to enjoy the skinny pedal on the GX!
That is a sweet 80! You will love the power of the GX, it feels like a sports car compared to an 80.

Thanks guys! YESSS I love the power of this thing, so refreshing to drive, took a long trip recently and boy did it make a difference.

I ran a 2.5 lift in my hilux, 40, and 80. Now planning a 2 inch lift in the GX470. I have always found that a 2-ish inch lift is perfect for mild offroad and exploring. The ATRAC takes a little getting use to. It is pretty amazing what it will get you through when you let technology takeover.

I ran a 2.5 lift in my hilux, 40, and 80. Now planning a 2 inch lift in the GX470. I have always found that a 2-ish inch lift is perfect for mild offroad and exploring. The ATRAC takes a little getting use to. It is pretty amazing what it will get you through when you let technology takeover.

Agree 100%

Just remember to lock up the CDL and ATRAC can take you dancing! :p

Welcome to the GX club

As long as you install them correctly

Oem? Change wheels!

Oem? Change wheels!

I like to beat up my stock wheels rather then buy something nice and think about it. Plus they are FREE as I own them already.

EDIT: I just researched them a little. I will pass. The rub I have is soo minor it's no a issue at all. I will just keep and eye out for some used wheels at some point. No hurry.

If looking for decent priced new wheels the Level 8 wheels like wingysataday, Orion, and some others run are $140 each at my local Discount Tire. Not free but not bad at $560 for four. They are on my wish list.

Just monitor the forums. I found the methods I am running for $500 in GA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom