Builds 80 guy with a GX added to the stable! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good, Andrew.

My F5s just got here yesterday. Unfortunately (I should have known) Discount Tire doesn't stock the 255/80R17 ST Maxx so I had to order them. Should be here in a couple days they said.

I don't think I received center caps... Do F5s not come with those? Or are they sold separately?

Looks good, Andrew.

My F5s just got here yesterday. Unfortunately (I should have known) Discount Tire doesn't stock the 255/80R17 ST Maxx so I had to order them. Should be here in a couple days they said.

I don't think I received center caps... Do F5s not come with those? Or are they sold separately?

Thanks! Can't wait to see it! As for the f5's they do not come with center caps

Thanks! Can't wait to see it! As for the f5's they do not come with center caps
That's lame.

I'm glad you got your trans issued figured out. My heart would have sank if a CEL came on after buying my GX. Did you do the flush and filter replacement yourself? I would like to do mine as a preventative measure (173k miles) but not sure if I should do it or just pay someone to avoid the mess/headache.

Real jealous of your non-nav model... The head unit in my 06 is EXACTLY the same as the Eclipse unit I had in my 4Runner and while it was the bee's knees years back, it's aged. The GROM bluetooth adapter makes it bearable, but I'd prefer a newer higher res screen.

Welp some goodies showed up today.. will get pic of tires mounted in the daylight! Tires are 285/75r17 (34x11.5)
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0328.JPG

I love the look of that tire. Thinking those are my 35 choice when my 34s wear out

I love the look of that tire. Thinking those are my 35 choice when my 34s wear out

Yes! I will let you know my opinion on them as well once I get them off the pavement. Thought hard about jumping to 35s but still have myself convinced this is only a daily for business meetings That being said... LT is tempting me...

Reactions: GXO
Just curious, why switch from the wildpeaks? They weren't much smaller? I like the way the truck looks though, more like a cruiser!

Got a deal I could not refuse, plus I wanted that extra inch! That being said I loved the falkens, especially in snow and ice. So far even though the nittos are quiet, it seems the falkens were more so.

That is good to know. If the day ever comes i'll probably be doing something similar to your build, only i'd keep the 285's and stock wheels. Is the spring conversion a complete replacement of the AHC?

Yes! Just replaced the air bags for coil springs. I plan on keeping the factory rear shocks and front struts for now because I like being able to adjust ride height on the fly. Which is why I just did a front spacer lift.

Looking good! I'm jealous of the snow. It's supposed to be 70 here on Friday :frown:

One day you should pop off your front tires and take a picture of how you clearanced for those damn tires.

I did as much as I could without making a mess and am still rubbing pretty good when I turn left at low speed. It's plastic, so whatever if I need to gut the things, but I'd like to protect the fogs and stuff from the road spray.

If Pelfrey makes their bumper I keep seeing pictures of in aluminum I may just have to buy one... That would make life much easier.

One day you should pop off your front tires and take a picture of how you clearanced for those damn tires.

I did as much as I could without making a mess and am still rubbing pretty good when I turn left at low speed. It's plastic, so whatever if I need to gut the things, but I'd like to protect the fogs and stuff from the road spray.

If Pelfrey makes their bumper I keep seeing pictures of in aluminum I may just have to buy one... That would make life much easier.
Aha will do! I cut most of the front liners out, body mount chop, and hammered the pinch weld over and flat!

Do you have a link to the led's you installed in the front bumper? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom