Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“Might be a wet sanding/buff”
There has been more than one I’d say. You can read signage in the paint from across the shop for Pete’s sake.
An interesting fact would be how many hours are in the paint job alone?
This may be something you might rather not share and I do understand if you don’t.

Oh, for sure. They went down the scale on the body. I want to say down to 5000. I’m sure I’ll get corrected if I am mistaken.

Last edited:
Shooting color.

Closing out a very big week. 2.0 is picking up momentum. Time to get a tire/wheel package together.

8AB57D7A-C9FA-4171-A763-2EE2369F0EA6.jpeg

3B132B8B-E357-4FB4-BF61-24D5AD464AEB.jpeg

B3E85F5F-4DAB-4D28-904D-886DCA14381A.jpeg

Those sliders are beaut’s. I believe a set of those from 4Plus will be my next purchase.
By the time this thread ends I’ll be broke and possibly divorced! I’ve even caught myself daydreaming of paint choices for Pete’s sake.

Those sliders are beaut’s. I believe a set of those from 4Plus will be my next purchase.

Nice products, they are legit. We modded them ever so slightly by adding a gusset IOT tie it to the outrigger. Also installed a backing plate for additional stress relief.

Good ideas. I’m impressed with the way you fellas have thought thru this build. Also good for the mud community how you’ve detailed lots of those thoughts and ideas in this thread. Looking forward to the finished product.

@archie73 It’s those small details that eats at some of us…that could drive me off the deep end if I were to go as far into the pit as @Chungas Revenge has gone with this new build

Those are the original windshield hold downs. Can't buy that style anymore. I've always wondered if you can drill the rivet out and rebuild them. Never tried it.
Anything is rebuildable, @Chungas Revenge and I have a credo for the Mule 2.0- Is the juice worth the squeeze? They are in good shape and not worth squeezing much harder. They would look really cool with some Cad plating to alongside the paint.

When my guy painted my parts, he didn’t stretch the hood/windshield hold downs. Now I need to touch them up with them extended. Not the end of the world, but something to think about.

@archie73 It’s those small details that eats at some of us…that could drive me off the deep end if I were to go as far into the pit as @Chungas Revenge has gone with this new build

So ya’ll (i’ve spent a week in the south) are willing to send a rig to the scrapyard for unstretched windshield hold downs but not raw stainless hardware on the exterior?

In a heart beat…..stock is stock! (Just kidding)

So ya’ll (i’ve spent a week in the south) are willing to send a rig to the scrapyard for unstretched windshield hold downs but not raw stainless hardware on the exterior?
Not at all, just something I noticed after I put mine back together. In fact it’s been on the list for a while, but I’m enjoying driving it to much to take the time to address it.

Rubber bits and “other” smalls headed north this week.

Punch list decisions: What flavor “white” for the bib/Ht. Opening salvo on the headliner.

Tire and wheel package in the hopper. 🥚

We’re “danger close” wrapping this up. Standing back and looking at it from a disenfranchised no interest prospective, this project is cruising at Mach speed. Oct 16 2023 to a wrap up in April 2024. 🍻 Seems like only yesterday we were color matching w/ Ms Revenge.

I should have scheduled another project when I had the chance. 🙄 This crew is racking and stacking. The Detroit show, Cincinnati and The Greenbrier show’s scheduled for “72”. Can’t ask for better venues to show your “wares”.
I may have to plead 1st right of repeat customer status or 1st right of 1st customer status, which ever works.😎

Got the word this weekend, the Mule 1.0 bones are ready for transport anytime after 8 April 2024. It’s headed to a rendezvous with destiny pulling duty on a 77 out of KY. @jonesy4x4 Super happy it all went to a single individual. Kinda fitting in a Yotaverse kinda way.

Mule 1.0 is/was a trooper….Happy trails.

55E176B2-21D6-42DD-9FC5-68E92A0AFCA2.jpeg

13A70593-536D-43AB-A68B-0458FBEBB348.jpeg

You guys are going above and beyond. Good to hear there will be another 40 roaming around greater Cincinnati and it will be sporting the mule 1.0 tub.

Last edited:
Made the trek today to deliver a box or two of “smalls”. Managed to get my finger prints all over a fresh paint job.

Nice shot of the 4plus steps going on. Button head hardware will be color matched.

Edit for pics

212A9C18-121D-4FA0-8386-4A93FD5F06FE.jpeg

A6658CC5-7AC3-4226-A0EC-CDC7782F7C3F.jpeg

3090FB07-7F27-4739-900E-D24C6FD6699C.jpeg

DA4129E9-9708-47DE-A9CB-3949486A233F.jpeg

Last edited:
@Green Bean ref: your question.

Good shot of the pewter all color matched. Two coats of high gloss clear.

7FD6E9A2-2ECB-4404-A189-D70925AB467F.jpeg

3B9B1AB6-3C16-4437-91F7-CAE156313CA6.jpeg

431CD2FB-3457-45A5-84E2-C5A23394BF20.jpeg

It just keeps getting better and better.

I spent a little over 2+ Hours in close proximity today. For a “non resto refreshtomod” they’ve done an amazing job. 🍻 Should be shooting more color next week. They’ve got “Wilson” chained in the shop feeding him under the door. Bib/fenders/aprons are on deck. Saw them cooking under the “lamps”.

Did they do any thing to brighten up the gage needles? I was thinking about letting my 'neck DNA have a brief stroll and use some fishing lure paint.

Yes, refinished the needles, polished the glass, cleaned some contacts and a pewter respray. Looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom