Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking great and I had the same question about that firewall port. I have that straightener tool for the stainless lines and it works wonderfully. It’s an odd activity but most of us have practiced that before without realizing it will be good practice for a straightening tool in the future
That was the same conversation we had at the shop when deciding between the one that you are talking about and the Stupid Simple Tools vise mount tubing straightener…..

@Jdc1 well that’s funny… I never realized they had the vise mounted type. I would not have gotten the obscene one😂

By the way….just went to the stupid tools web…. Some very cool stuff

@Jdc1 well that’s funny… I never realized they had the vise mounted type. I would not have gotten the obscene one😂

By the way….just went to the stupid tools web…. Some very cool stuff
TMR is another decent website to poke around on.

“Mule Tools”.

38683898-A741-479B-86FF-B6AC203168BF.jpeg

DA22A2BC-BEE8-4C17-86F0-60742F79C2D1.jpeg

Last edited:
No test fitting needed, this beast is getting put together.

I stand corrected. 2.0 juggernaut in full gallop..🍻

You know it’s real when the roll bar is in…🍻👈😎

@Jdc1 Hey, aren’t you supposed to be wearing a straw hat, feet in the sand looking for a lost shaker of salt?

11375A9B-8716-4450-81B5-089356FE9ED0.jpeg

Last edited:
Currently holed up at a Harvest Host in Boynton Beach. Official Island time starts tomorrow.

Key lime pie is not just for breakfast, you can have it anytime.

“I don't know the reason
I stayed here all season
Nothin' to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue” 🧂

Engine Bay going back together. There are a couple “placeholders” that are slated for a swap IOT fix a leaky MC and add a more overall finished appearance.

We hatched the scheme for 2.0 in the Sept-ish time frame of 23.

As luck and my bohemian lifestyle would have it, I’m sitting here recouping from a fourth trip to the witch doctor, all related to a gallbladder exorcism that began in mid Nov of 23. As a result, I’m waxing a little philosophical. Or, maybe that’s just pain meds and the residual effects of general anesthesia..😉 What ever the case, it D@mn sure puts me out of commission for a few days afterward. I just wish the Mrs wouldn’t hide the AMEX card. Just not fair to a recuperating patient with nothing but time, a laptop and an empty “cart”. Now granted, this whole thing would have been over sooner had I not opted to postpone the removal of my offending organ till after the 2023 whitetail season. So, I’ll own up to some of the responsibility for the protracted engagement and suffer in self imposed exile perusing Tire Rack for the best deal on five MT’s.

Hindsight being 50/50 🙄, the Mule may have languished in tepid mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Destined to ride the pages of MUD as a stark reminder that the artisan science of diamond plate installation is a lost and under appreciated art.

Serendipity steeps in..

In my particular case, The decision to smash the easy button on the Mule 2.0 has proven beyond any reasonable argument, to be the right decision, at the right time. Couldn’t be happier with the progress and the outcome at this point. And it is with great humility and lack of presumption that I have taken on the role as chief historian and story teller in the 2.0 narrative. :rofl:

I’m working on the screen play. Lining up Matt Damon to play @Jdc1 in the made for TV adaptation.

C999E34D-C7D7-4975-A26B-AE4F46D7DA99.jpeg

6186592D-1000-4B90-A4D3-5BEA62CDEF08.jpeg

1D42C108-E73E-4450-92D3-EF23800044BA.jpeg

Last edited:
@Chungas Revenge with regards to the AMEX card…. Take a photo of the front and back on your phone, keep it in the hidden folders and when ever you need it…BAM! You can easily cut and paste. Don’t ask how I know…my Percocet days of February can attest to the supply of parts and pieces waiting for me in the pole barn.

The truck looks spectacular….quick recovery

Born on Date of 3/76…🎉🍻 🎂 Going back together 3/24.

Nice shot of the dash coming together. All the internal and external silver bits are out for a respray. Debating the front bumper color Pro’s and Con’s. I don’t think there’s a wrong answer, just a question of preference.

88E7BC10-37B4-4A1A-983D-4BDF9DD9474D.jpeg

87B484DF-0DCC-458F-9B2F-452CF56CBF6F.jpeg

My Percocet days of February can attest to the supply of parts and pieces waiting for me in the pole barn.

Nothing like a good opioid purchase to get the dopamines moving. I’m in for a set of Wusthof steak knives,
A box of Kansas City Filets and a case of Glenmorangie single malt. Hey, I didn’t know how long this recovery would take..🙄

New MC in the house. Ordered Thursday afternoon from “Outfitters”, arrived today.

1st class service as usual.🍻

@cruiseroutfit

FB023E26-D0B3-4F28-9FCC-92C543D48BDB.jpeg

The bottle jack is a great contrast. Doesn't seem long until you are driving it.

IMHO it was moving fast before, now it’s a juggernaut. Sept we plotted and schemed. Mule went north Oct 4th. Picked up a “Box O’ Aq” Oct 16th. It’s almost surreal. 🙃

The Mule is a worthy opponent.

Festus is currently fighting a tactical withdraw befitting Caesar at Gergovia…The tank may be salvageable, but decided to err on the side of caution. New tank inbound.

1711398536200.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom