'73 FJ40 Tie Rod End Kit Source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to get these in fairly quickly. My normal sources are out of stock or double the price

- City Racer - out of town until 1/19 - $85
- Cruiser Corp - $77 but out of stock
- Cool Cruisers - in stock but $145
- Cruiser Teq - odd but doesnt have any FJ40 tie rod kits
- Amazon - $140
- Spector Offroad - $145
- Rock Auto - Dorman's roughly $60 + shipping

Any other sources that arent double in price

We have plenty in stock @ Cruiser Outfitters. We are still indexing searches on CruiserTeq.com, only 20-25% of our in-stock inventory is there.

Shows 38 in stock, add Cruiser Outfitters inventory and we probably have more like 60-70 kits :D

We are working daily to add items and seach functionality.

I should add, our kits are and have always been Japanese kits. Many of those listed are Tawainese, Chinese or Indian. Is there a demand for those lower quality offerings? Are we missing out by not having a Japanese solution and an import lower quality solution? We definitely carry some items from those markets. But it's a small percentage of our overall inventory and items that we've properly vetted and don't have a Japanese solution for. Should we look at offering both?

I should add, our kits are and have always been Japanese kits. Many of those listed are Tawainese, Chinese or Indian. Is there a demand for those lower quality offerings? Are we missing out by not having a Japanese solution and an import lower quality solution? We definitely carry some items from those markets. But it's a small percentage of our overall inventory and items that we've properly vettedit and don't have a Japanese solution for. Should we look at offering both?
Please keep doing you. Your parts and especially service are top notch.

I should add, our kits are and have always been Japanese kits. Many of those listed are Tawainese, Chinese or Indian. Is there a demand for those lower quality offerings? Are we missing out by not having a Japanese solution and an import lower quality solution? We definitely carry some items from those markets. But it's a small percentage of our overall inventory and items that we've properly vetted and don't have a Japanese solution for. Should we look at offering both?
Not counting Amazon(known Chinese knockoffs), which ones of those listed are the Tawainese, Chinese or Indian? I have bought from all of them and had no idea I was buying substandard parts. It would be helpful knowing who to avoid.

Not counting Amazon(known Chinese knockoffs), which ones of those listed are the Tawainese, Chinese or Indian? I have bought from all of them and had no idea I was buying substandard parts. It would be helpful knowing who to avoid.

There are (3) options for Japanese made ends, authentic 555 Sankei (we stock), Joint Fuji (we can/do often stock) and Genuine Toyota (we stock). If it doesn't say that on the end... it's not one of those. Anyone selling Japanese and a 555/JF/OEM, will boldy say it at quick glance. Beyond that, the best option would be to call and ask them.

As I mentioned above, parts from those manufacture regions are not assumed bad, just some stuff like steering & brakes we avoid in most cases as we've inspected said parts side by side and do see quality and/or longevity differences. We stock parts from partners in India for example that are better quality than we get from manufactures in the US and Australia. Often I see folks say "you only recommend XYZ because that is the brand you carry" and I have to remind them we carry XYZ brand because it's the one we trust and we trust our customers using. We can buy from all the same lower quality sources... I'm not contractually obligated to stock the level of Japanese parts we do, rather we choose too based on experience and trust. We've learned a few things in 32 years of wholesale & retail Land Cruiser business. And we'll learn more too! :D

Beyond that, ask said vendor if they don't advertise it. I can often look at many parts and tell you they are not Japanese, in many cases based on color, finish or features. For example I don't know any top shelf Japanese manufactures offering 4-pc oil pan gaskets and I wouldn't sell a 4-pc gasket to an enemy (and I hope I don't have any of those anyways :D)

There are (3) options for Japanese made ends, authentic 555 Sankei (we stock), Joint Fuji (we can/do often stock) and Genuine Toyota (we stock). If it doesn't say that on the end... it's not one of those. Anyone selling Japanese and a 555/JF/OEM, will boldy say it at quick glance. Beyond that, the best option would be to call and ask them.

As I mentioned above, parts from those manufacture regions are not assumed bad, just some stuff like steering & brakes we avoid in most cases as we've inspected said parts side by side and do see quality and/or longevity differences. We stock parts from partners in India for example that are better quality than we get from manufactures in the US and Australia. Often I see folks say "you only recommend XYZ because that is the brand you carry" and I have to remind them we carry XYZ brand because it's the one we trust and we trust our customers using. We can buy from all the same lower quality sources... I'm not contractually obligated to stock the level of Japanese parts we do, rather we choose too based on experience and trust. We've learned a few things in 32 years of wholesale & retail Land Cruiser business. And we'll learn more too! :D

Beyond that, ask said vendor if they don't advertise it. I can often look at many parts and tell you they are not Japanese, in many cases based on color, finish or features. For example I don't know any top shelf Japanese manufactures offering 4-pc oil pan gaskets and I wouldn't sell a 4-pc gasket to an enemy (and I hope I don't have any of those anyways :D)
You got my business.

Odd, when i went to Cruiser Teq and searched under 40 Series / Steering / Tie Rod End Kits, it says there are no products listed under this category.

The search feature must be busted. Shop by Series - 40 Series - Steering - Tie Rod End Kits - Cruiser Teq - https://cruiserteq.com/tie-rod-end-kits/

Fixed, this should bring up both 4x kits now. Working to add and index more and more each day! :cool:

1705081709159.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom