70-series Seatbelt Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
So my Troopy has old-school non-retracting shoulder belts in the front. The passenger one doesn't tighten up well and is not really safe. I've found some good info on 70-series belts in the 60-series forum believe it or not... but not so much here in the 70-series forum.

This thread even gives me part numbers for all the belts and receivers in black. But they are for a present-day 79-series. They may work for me.

I'd really like to get modern retractable belts in... and ideally OEM.

Here's a view of what I've got...
147buckle.jpg

148reciever.jpg

I thought I was screwed and would have to develop my own solution for securing a retractor. But under my back panels I found that I have the spot for the inset retractor.

149retractorspot.jpg

That's great! But I'm not entirely sure if the ones in the 60-series thread will actually bolt in.

So I have a few questions...
1. Are these insets standard across the 70-series range such that any retractor should bolt in?
2. If you've looked in your truck, does my recess look similar to yours?
3. Specific question for @c2dfj45; do you have the part numbers for your oak belts and receivers? Do you think the retractors would fit my spot? I'm pretty sure I'd rather have oak than black.
4. Is there something that goes in the spot of the green circle in the photo below?
5. Could anyone with a retractor belt handy measure the distance from the center of the large mounting hole to the little tab that holds the retractor vertical (red distance or blue distance) on their actual belt assembly? (I have the dimensions of the recess obviously)

150retractordims.jpg

Last edited:
Once my kids are out of car seats I’ll be putting in J76 belts at every corner. Good info here. Thank you.

Is this the right page of parts?
seat belts

That would be approximately the right page for my truck... mine is a 1991 FJ75LV-MRV. The sepia belts are what mine have, but non-retractor types. Which aren't shown on what you've linked to. This is the seat belt page for mine.

If you look at the PZJ70 build thread you will see I fit the 79 black belts. It requires a little trimming which is pictured in the thread.

Cheers

If you look at the PZJ70 build thread you will see I fit the 79 black belts. It requires a little trimming which is pictured in the thread.

Cheers

Perhaps I'm just dense... but I can't find it! I've searched "seatbelt" and "seatbelts" to no avail... as well as "seat" and "belt" only to turn up seat covers and timing belts... and mention of seat belts for the 80 series you picked up.

You don't happen to know, roughly, where it's at in your thread do you? Ha!

I have 79 series black belts going in our Troopy.....just haven't gotten to that part of the build yet.

I don't even remember if we had retracting ones or not when I got it. They were disgusting....doubt anyone wanted to touch them. Ha.

My 79 #1 truck has really nice oak colored ones.....#2 had used black ones but I ended up buying new take-out black ones for 79 #2. I have a weird thing about belts and steering wheels....I like them new.

My 79 #1 truck has really nice oak colored ones.....#2 had used black ones but I ended up buying new take-out black ones for 79 #2. I have a weird thing about belts and steering wheels....I like them new.

You don't happen to have part numbers for the oaks do you? I've got numbers I've pulled off ToyoDIY... but I'm looking for corroboration that someone else has used them.

You don't happen to have part numbers for the oaks do you? I've got numbers I've pulled off ToyoDIY... but I'm looking for corroboration that someone else has used them.

I would imagine I can track down the oak ones.....I have a 4" thick pile of invoices for #1. They may have come from my Canadian sources though....then no part numbers. I kind of like the black ones. Won't show the dirt. Little unusual for me to see black in the truck when I have always seen tan.

For future reference in this thread...

These part numbers are for LHD. And the left receiver is the one with the harness connection for the seatbelt light.

Black Belts are as follows:
Left seatbelt 73220-60523-C0
Right seatbelt 73210-60663-C0
Inner left receiver 73240-60281-C0 (this is the one with seatbelt sensor)
Inner right receiver 73230-60242-C0 (this is the non-seatbelt sensor receiver)

Gray Belts are as follows (Latest model gray):
Left seatbelt 73210-60662-B1
Right seatbelt 73220-60522-B1
Inner left receiver 73240-60242-B2
Inner right receiver 73230-60331-B1

Oak Belts are as follows:
Left seatbelt 73210-60630-E0
Right seatbelt 73210-60630-E0
Inner left receiver 73240-60241-E2
Inner right receiver 73230-60231-E2

I believe the Oaks are not the latest generation, but I could be wrong. They are available. Note these are not LH/RH differentiated in terms of seat belt. The latest models are I believe.

Last edited:
I would imagine I can track down the oak ones.....I have a 4" thick pile of invoices for #1. They may have come from my Canadian sources though....then no part numbers. I kind of like the black ones. Won't show the dirt. Little unusual for me to see black in the truck when I have always seen tan.

You've got me toying with just going black... I know the part numbers are good and have photos of them within the forum. AND I just ordered black belts for the rear seat for the kids.

@Honger that is definitely where the retractable seat belts bolt in.
That spot that you circled in green is for the plastic piece that the belt runs through that covers the hole in the panel.
Part number for where you circled is
73297-90K00-23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom