6th Annual Cruise Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ocho77

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.op-art.guru
PLEASE RSVP BY JUNE 10!

It's that time again. Similar venue to previous years. We will either hold the event at our house again.

This post will show details, as well as those who are planning to attend. I'll try to keep it updated, but if you don't see your name here and plan on attending, let me know and I will add it to the list.

Date: Saturday, June 17, 2023
When: Anytime - lunch will be ready at noon.
Food: We'll provide pulled pork, buns, baked beans, coleslaw, chips and soft drinks. If there is something else you want, let me know.

We will also have our token shot of Jeremiah Weed, for those who wish to partake in the goodness...

You Provide: Drink of choice and chairs.

Lodging: Camping on our property is fine, whether tent/vehicle/RTT/trailer etc. We have room. People are more than welcome to camp here Friday night and Saturday night. There are also two campgrounds fairly close (Whiskey Creek and Black Lake), the largest being Whiskey Creek campground, if you prefer those amenities.

Trail Ride: I'll put together a 'trail ride' for Saturday, June 17th, consisting of two-tracks/forest/seasonal roads. We will head out after lunch, approximately 1:00. The plan is to make pit stops at some local dive bars, ending somewhere for dinner.

An alternative plan is being considered, making this a longer event. We would head out Saturday afternoon or Sunday and head north, ending up on Drummond Island for @VSPro9 event on June 24th.

Would be interested to hear people's opinions on which they prefer. We can do trails around our area and come back to our house as we have done in the past. The other option is to use trails on Saturday heading North, and we would not come back to our property on Saturday evening (though we would leave the house open for people and you can still camp on our property Sat night). If we do the option of heading North, people could break off whenever they need. We would be camping along the way to the U.P.

Please let me know if you need anything or have questions:

RSVP: When you RSVP, please verify the following:
  • Number of people (kid and pet friendly)
  • When you will be arriving/departing (if camping, for planning purpose)
Again, there is an open invitation for those that arrive on Friday night to share in some bourbon (or whatever you drink), while we stare at smokers.

Pretty sure I have left some out, but please feel free to share!

@Ocho77 - 4, hosting
@dogfishlake
@cheezypoof
@MichLC
@69LC
@TCEd
@HiPlainsDrftr
@apc15
@Crush 4
@westveld
@Sandroad
@kbahus
@in8mud
@LC100MI
@Sweet Water
@RoadRamblinFJ60
@Hornd
@Buttons
@ElviMcCoy
@AllLC
@Gumby
@prodedvm
@LuluonSL
@BGMachine
@Golgo13
@lizznkirby
@scottm
@AKAIE15
@YooperCruiser
@eagleI18
@Dilspec
@RocketCityCrzrs - Rory, I am counting on you and your family!!!!
@ceylonfj40nut
@Danger Cruiser
@Mightymes
@Blue Phoenix
@90ToyHauler
@Supra88

Last edited:
Fran and I are in for the traditional event on the 17th. We have a situation that prevents us from doing the extended trip to Drummond.

Dunrie and I are in! Can't do the extended version, need to work the following week, but happy to tag along northbound trails until Sunday if you end up doing that option.

Would love to welcome any of y’all onto Drummond. We camp dispersed but i tried to do a weekend without events going on, so campgrounds should be open too

@Ocho77 I see this is a Fresh Posting, but the Year in first post is 2022?

Fathers Day Weekend - I like that!

Count me in.

Would love to have some Swag (Shirt) too. Put down a Vote for a FJ45 Graphic 😍 - Just saying

Is there any sort of plan of a route from the kickoff weekend getting to the bridge etc-camp sites and wherever other details? Is there any plan of how long the stay can be on Drummond?

Will the days be full driving or time to loiter and explore, grocery and supply stops etc? If we can swing it we will have to reset the 80 and have a tight packing plan for sleeping inside, keeping tools, coolers and dog stuff if that works out.

Last edited:
Is there any sort of plan of a route from the kickoff weekend getting to the bridge etc-camp sites and wherever other details? Is there any plan of how long the stay can be on Drummond?

Will the days be full driving or time to loiter and explore, grocery and supply stops etc? If we can swing it we will have to reset the 80 and have a tight packing plan for sleeping inside, keeping tools, coolers and dog stuff if that works out.
I’m hosting on Drummond separate of the event. I have several dispersed sites chosen to utilize depending on group size. Drummond won’t be an overland style it’ll be basecamp. So setup on Friday, spend Friday night messing around near marble head, Saturday we go through connors hole down mus Nemesis and to the fossil ledges. Sunday is a free day to wander or head out. If you wanted campground with showers etc there is on about 20-25 min from the dispersed camps.

Not running the tank traps.

AC45666E-0578-48D0-BA92-0B9A6E113718.jpeg

I'll be going to my sister's wedding during the event but if folks are around Drummond 4th of July week I'll be there!

I just booked the Day Star Motel (6-16/17) and John said there are 2 Rooms Left.

Was $80/night for 2 Beds & Location is Sweet with Swimming at Wolf Lake and Firewood for $8 a Wheelbarrow.
Same price as Last Year.

Put me down for 2 Kids, Tara, and some Yingy.

I’m the blue 100 series from your store parking lot this past weekend. I won’t be able to attend the event, but would still be interested in snagging a shirt if you wouldn’t mind holding it or shipping it.

I’m the blue 100 series from your store parking lot this past weekend. I won’t be able to attend the event, but would still be interested in snagging a shirt if you wouldn’t mind holding it or shipping it.
Ah! Almost came over to talk with you, but you seemed eager to get on the road! Thanks for stopping by the store. It's always awesome to see another Toyota (Land Cruiser in particular) roll through. It doesn't happen very often!

Ah! Almost came over to talk with you, but you seemed eager to get on the road! Thanks for stopping by the store. It's always awesome to see another Toyota (Land Cruiser in particular) roll through. It doesn't happen very often!
Our place is just up the road on N Irons Rd, so we usually try to make a stop at your store when we come up. Probably the only people that buy the ginger beer 😂 We usually drive up the ‘16 4Runner, but I’ve convinced my wife after some maintenance on the 100 it is as comfortable, if not more.

Our place is just up the road on N Irons Rd, so we usually try to make a stop at your store when we come up. Probably the only people that buy the ginger beer 😂 We usually drive up the ‘16 4Runner, but I’ve convinced my wife after some maintenance on the 100 it is as comfortable, if not more.
I thought I recognized you. I remember you and your wife stopping by in your 4-runner last year.

I thought I recognized you. I remember you and your wife stopping by in your 4-runner last year.
Likewise, I thought that was you. I would have hung around a bit had I realized it sooner. We were late to the arrival and had my father-in-law waiting for us. I’ll have to signal ahead next time up and see if you’re around.

Dunrie and I are in! Can't do the extended version, need to work the following week, but happy to tag along northbound trails until Sunday if you end up doing that option.
Awesome! I still have your COVID shirts from last year :) Excited to see you!

Looking forward to seeing all our friends again!

Shirt orders are due to me no later than June 1st. Prices are as follows:

T-shirt: $20
Crewneck sweatshirt: $25
Hooded sweatshirt: $30

Paypal is easiest for me: jtrotter77@hotmail.com
Please include your Mud handle, shirt choice and sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom