SE Michigan Cruiser Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BGMachine

Working on cars I can't afford
Threads
Hey All,

I typically do all my own work on my trucks but I'm running into a transmission issue and that's beyond my scope.

Does anyone know of a shop in the Metro Detroit / Ann Arbor areas that services 80series trucks? Or any recommendations on transmission shops in the area that will look at Japanese cars? Any recommendations are appreciated.

I've been eyeballing the following:

Reliable Transmission - Waterford
MC Transmission - New Hudson
A Plus Transmission Repair - Brighton
Farley's transmission - Pontiac

thanks All

Hey All,

I typically do all my own work on my trucks but I'm running into a transmission issue and that's beyond my scope.

Does anyone know of a shop in the Metro Detroit / Ann Arbor areas that services 80series trucks? Or any recommendations on transmission shops in the area that will look at Japanese cars? Any recommendations are appreciated.

I've been eyeballing the following:

Reliable Transmission - Waterford
MC Transmission - New Hudson
A Plus Transmission Repair - Brighton
Farley's transmission - Pontiac

thanks All
A while back I had the clutch replaced in my 60 by a shop in Dexter: Haas Transmission. They didn't hesitate to take the work, did a great job at a fair price.

Another recent lead on metro Detroit cruiser mechanics, got the annual Krown treatment on my 80 by a place in Monroe - turns out one of the owners/chief mechanics is a cruiser head - he has several 80s and 100s and said he'd do anything I needed. I don't have his direct line but call State Line Krown in Monroe and ask for Dennis.

A while back I had the clutch replaced in my 60 by a shop in Dexter: Haas Transmission. They didn't hesitate to take the work, did a great job at a fair price.

Another recent lead on metro Detroit cruiser mechanics, got the annual Krown treatment on my 80 by a place in Monroe - turns out one of the owners/chief mechanics is a cruiser head - he has several 80s and 100s and said he'd do anything I needed. I don't have his direct line but call State Line Krown in Monroe and ask for Dennis.

thanks for the tip! I'll see if either would be willing to help.

I may try replacing the shift solenoids before taking to a shop as a hail-mary

Will be calling Dennis here shortly. Tried to track down a cruiser head running a shop in Traverse City (pretty far from the D but was willing to travel for knowledgeable service) but called and was told he retired years ago, so this new lead is exciting to see.

Will be calling Dennis here shortly. Tried to track down a cruiser head running a shop in Traverse City (pretty far from the D but was willing to travel for knowledgeable service) but called and was told he retired years ago, so this new lead is exciting to see.
Also, I do Woolwax undercoating on my rig and for a few friends if anyone in metro Detroit is interested. Note: I'm not a woolwax applicator affiliate, just do it because rusty 80s make me sad.

The place you called is probably Dave's Garage and yes he's retired.

Also, I do Woolwax undercoating on my rig and for a few friends if anyone in metro Detroit is interested. Note: I'm not a woolwax applicator affiliate, just do it because rusty 80s make me sad.
Sweet! I'll find you next fall to talk about woolwax for my 80.

I may need to hit you up as well. I just picked up an 80 that has a solid inch of dirt covering everything in the underbody. I hope to get it cleaned up and undercoated before the salt hits.

-Rob

Ypsi/Ann Arbor chiming in, I just had my new-to-me LX470 undercoated by Krown Stateline, which is owned by Ragnarok Motorworks I believe? Whoever I spoke to on the phone was definitely a Land Cruiser enthusiast (maybe Dennis?) and also offered to do any work I needed on my 100. The two guys who did the undercoating were quick and professional. I’d recommend.

Just got ahold of Dennis. Took my 80 to him because I lost my taillights and couldn't figure it out. He had it figured out in less than an hour. Great guy and very reasonable prices. Definitely a cruiser head highly recommend

Just got ahold of Dennis. Took my 80 to him because I lost my taillights and couldn't figure it out. He had it figured out in less than an hour. Great guy and very reasonable prices. Definitely a cruiser head highly recommend
Great to hear!

What was up with the lights? Those electrical gremlins can be such a PITA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom