6bt cummins NV4500 1996 LX450 swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After wrapping up the hood sound deadening and epoxy work, I put a thermal blanket on the exhaust manifold and turbo. The noise level is acceptable inside the cab. I hear the turbo more than anything and may put the turbo ring back in turbo intake.

Last edited:
@swankstar here it is. It's janky. The guy that built my exhaust system used some exhaust tubing to build me a temporary intercooler pipe setup.
Is that temp setup what you’re still rocking?

After wrapping up the hood sound deadening and epoxy work, I put a thermal blanket on the exhaust manifold and turbo. The noise level is acceptable inside the cab. I hear the turbo more than anything and may put the turbo ring back in turbo intake.

Great video, lotta effort to go with those extra videography shots. So you just put sound deadening in between the ribs on the underside of hood? No where else (besides body)? Single layer?

Sounds great. I got a 1hd-ft that is pretty noisy and need to quiet it down a bit.

Great video, lotta effort to go with those extra videography shots. So you just put sound deadening in between the ribs on the underside of hood? No where else (besides body)? Single layer?

Sounds great. I got a 1hd-ft that is pretty noisy and need to quiet it down a bit.
Good evening! Here's what I did to mine.....
  1. I glued the hood ribs back to the top of the hood panel and put sound deadening on the underside of the hood.
  2. Put sound deadening in the roof, doors, rear lower hatch gate and rear quarter panels.
  3. When installing the new carpet, I used the mass backing pad (below) under the carpet (I did not touch the factory sound deadening in the floor).
  4. I also put some extra insulation in the roof above the headliner.
  5. Added thermal blankets to the exhaust manifold and turbo.
Regrets:
  1. Not putting sound deadening on the firewall while the motor was out.
  2. Not putting sound deadening inside the front fenders.

2023-02-23 11.55.08.jpg
2023-02-23 11.55.25.jpg
2023-02-23 12.17.31.jpg

2024-01-30 13.57.30.jpg
2024-01-30 10.13.10.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening! Here's what I did to mine.....
  1. I glued the hood ribs back to the top of the hood panel and put sound deadening on the underside of the hood.
  2. Put sound deadening in the roof, doors, rear lower hatch gate and rear quarter panels.
  3. When installing the new carpet, I used the mass backing pad (below) under the carpet (I did not touch the factory sound deadening in the floor).
  4. I also put some extra insulation in the roof above the headliner.
  5. Added thermal blankets to the exhaust manifold and turbo.
Regrets:
  1. Not putting sound deadening on the firewall while the motor was out.
  2. Not putting sound deadening inside the front fenders.

View attachment 3586629View attachment 3586630View attachment 3586631
View attachment 3586632View attachment 3586633
Thank you, looking forward to following the same process. I have the interior floor and rear quarters done but not the doors or roof.

Now that is getting a bit warmer out, this is a nice job to do. Thanks for the detail!

Thank you, looking forward to following the same process. I have the interior floor and rear quarters done but not the doors or roof.

Now that is getting a bit warmer out, this is a nice job to do. Thanks for the detail!
You’re welcome! It’s my pleasure to help out.

My voltmeter starts dancing when I switch on my blinker. Could this be low blinker fluid or maybe an electrical issue?

I’m also wondering if anyone else has disabled their oil light. I deleted my ECM and I’m about to look over the wiring diagram and see what’s needed to disable it.

Last edited:
My voltmeter starts dancing when I switch on my blinker. Could this be low blinker fluid or maybe an electrical issue?

I’m also wondering if anyone else has disabled their oil light. I deleted my ECM and I’m about to look over the wiring diagram and see what’s needed to disable it.

Mine does the same, prob just old working.

As far as the oil level sensor, I’d just pull the bulb. Or, maybe use it for something else. Glow plugs or such.

I’ve been dealing with some shifting problems with my transmission. When I first cold crank it in the morning, it shifts easily through the gears. Once I’ve driven for a few minutes, shifting into 2nd and 2rd is reduced. Also, after driving and clutching for a while, the clutch will have more of a vibration feel when I push it in. My assumption has been that there’s still air in the hydraulic line between the clutch master and slave.

I decided to pull the slave and do some more plunging. I got tired of struggling to install my slave cylinder, so I bought some 3.5 inch studs to mount in the bellhousing as a test. It worked well. I spent some time plunging the slave and also adjusted the Toyota clutch master pushrod. It’s shifting much better and the vibration feel in the clutch has also disappeared.

Bellhousing thread size in my bellhousing is 5/16-18

I will probably buy some shorter studs with a higher grade steel. It took a while to get those nuts on.
IMG_5733.jpeg
IMG_5728.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom