69 FJ40 F motor Carb search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A picture is worth a thousand words. The dimple at the carburetor end of the air cleaner lid is for the 69 2bbl stud.
The carburetor @Rigger offered you is the one that belongs with that air cleaner lid. I don’t remember exactly what was wrong with it, but I did spend a little time with it before I pulled it off in July at his house and put on a late ‘69 carb (yes, I make house calls!) IIRC there was a mechanical issue involving missing pieces in the linkage, as well as a non functioning accel pump.

Like I said earlier in the thread I have about a dozen of these cores on the shelf, along with three partial cores for parts sitting in a box just for the purpose of returning other carbs to use. You can have Alfred ship the core to me and I’ll let you know what it will take to bring it back to service.

Last edited:
I can sure help out by donating my old carb. It’s a bit rough around the edges. Needs TLC. But my recommendation is go a bit newer. My 40 runs better than it ever has with the later carb Mark hooked me up with.

@65swb45 & @FJ40Jim ,

Is there a Chance this is a FA Series TOYOTA Heavy Duty NON-USA Truck Carburetor by any chance ?

Yeah definitely a respray, no tape? my 73 was a farm truck, it sure didnt look that clean, maybe mine was used as a chicken coop.... or would that be coupe?

@65swb45 & @FJ40Jim ,

Is there a Chance this is a FA Series TOYOTA Heavy Duty NON-USA Truck Carburetor by any chance ?

I don’t know the answer to that Matt. I have always suspected that the carb had other applications based on carbs I’ve seen on eBay over the years, as well as the fact that it bore no resemblance to what came on a Landcruiser before or after. I trust that @FJ40Jim list is accurate.

Last edited:
I don’t know the answer to that Matt. I have always suspected that the carb had other applications based on carbs I’ve seen on eBay over the years, as well as the fact that it bore no resemblance to what came on a Landcruiser before or after. I trust that @FJ40Jim list is accurate.

Some snap shots out of my , FA & FC Siamese F FSM .............

thats alot of F's :D

DSCN0857.JPG

DSCN0858.JPG

DSCN0859.JPG

DSCN0860.JPG

DSCN0861.JPG

The only thing that should be chrome is the hood spear. The other chrome bits are reproduction.

The entire engine bay should not be painted, just the sheet metal. Total amateur job.l

If you post more detailed pics, we can give you more insight into your 3700 mile truck.

Last edited:
The figure 4-49 shows a large window sight glass retainer. @FJ40Jim posted up some pics of a large window 2bbl like that he rebuilt earlier this year. IIRC, it was the OPT for the early 2bbl Siamese intake.

Honestly, previous owner (the kid) started a resto, and claims "his buddy" got a little excited with the sprayer under the hood, and obviously didn't tape off certain things.... like almost everything under the hood. Thankfully. That's all they did. I was a little pissed when I first saw it, but the body is still in tact, w the original paint and about 99% rust free. Everything checked out, so I was just happy to have the unit. As you can imagine. tracing the electrical has been an uphill push.

I run the same D40 on my ‘64.

You would think.... Previous owner started a resto, and got a little too excited with the sprayer. Paint code does match. Thankfully, they didn't get further than this before I got my hands on it.

Looks like they took the bib off. Bolts to left fender are missing, and they gouged their fresh paint in their haste to get the bib back on.

Looks like they took the bib off. Bolts to left fender are missing, and they gouged their fresh paint in their haste to get the bib back on.

How did you see that ??

:vulcan:

Check the inside edge of the right fender also. Another gouge.

No, the DD40/40 is not at all the same as the little DD35/35.

See THIS THREAD for teardown & rebuild of the big FA carb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom