F Engine Motor Mount Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m confused. I’m trying to install my new motor mount hardware on the rear right motor mount. I found another thread talking about sandwiching the motor mount between the isolators and referenced the diagram on SORs website. However SOR clearly shows sandwiching the motor mount in one diagram and mounting the motor mount at the top of the isolator in another diagram. I’m guessing I don’t sandwich the rear right mount because the isolator doesn’t fit correctly on top of the mount.

Sandwich method
IMG_0236.gif

Non-sandwich method. What’s the point of the bottom isolator here?
IMG_0235.jpeg

My motor mount showing the isolator doesn’t align on top because of the rib
IMG_0668.jpeg

I’m confused. I’m trying to install my new motor mount hardware on the rear right motor mount. I found another thread talking about sandwiching the motor mount between the isolators and referenced the diagram on SORs website. However SOR clearly shows sandwiching the motor mount in one diagram and mounting the motor mount at the top of the isolator in another diagram. I’m guessing I don’t sandwich the rear right mount because the isolator doesn’t fit correctly on top of the mount.

Sandwich method
View attachment 3561671

Non-sandwich method. What’s the point of the bottom isolator here?
View attachment 3561677

My motor mount showing the isolator doesn’t align on top because of the rib
View attachment 3561673
On the rear right the isolator goes under the bellhousing mount and on top of the chassis mount, not on top as you show.

The second isolator goes under the chassis mount. As peesalot has said, the lower mount counteracts upward pulling forces.

This is the way that it is supposed to be in the back on the bell housing the 2 round insulators go frame, insulator, mount, insulator like a weird happy sandwich. the front frame insulator, mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom