69 FJ40 F motor Carb search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a couple early 2bbl carbs off the parts shelf.
Dates are 3Jan69 and 3Dec68.
The really weird thing is the PN stamped on both is 21100-60191, but I thought the parts book PN is 60190, indicating that these were already revised.

Stranger things happen (cue mysterious music).

1573158309242-345305178.jpg
157315959499215169900.jpg
1573159642374-1330081520.jpg

My 12/68 also had the emissions control module previously mentioned for certification MY68 US trucks. Frame number 64770
Definite US market, definitely a 2 barrel carb and manifold, titled as a 1969

Interesting, my frame is not far behind yours.. 66317.. production is 2/69, so F motor

Interesting, my frame is not far behind yours.. 66317.. production is 2/69, so F motor
Your truck looks really nice. where did you buy it and where has it been? I bought mine in Southern Ohio but it was an Arizona truck. I have refurbished almost all of the mechanicals with as much original Toyota parts as I could find. Mine is an F with a three on the tree and mostly original paint. I did the interior as well. I struggled and kept all the 9mm brake stuff, but had to find/rebuild all 8 wheel cylinders. Stops on a dime now. Also did 80mph just once to see if it would. One upgrade that I really like is a pertronix on the distributor to get rid of points. I had @FJ40Jim rebuild my carb.

I would contact @65swb45 with some photos

right away ....

a 69. USA spec. Fj40 carb can have a ODD

selinoid type part on it

also contact @Martyt.

he HAS a 69 and knows a lot about this topic too

he is Good People like Mark A too ....

@FJ40Jim Recently Restored martins 69 carburetor , so your in the right place ....... :)

Last edited:
I thought there was only 2. Ones before 3/69, and ones after.. my production date is 2/69.
Frame & body are FJ40066317

Well, According to SOR, there was a one barrel up to 3-1969. Then an initial 2 Barrel went to 9-1969. Then a DIFFERENT 2 Barrel after 9-1969. So, I am assuming the 2 Barrel that was a short run, 3/69 to 9/69, is harder to find.

Carb 11.PNG

Well, According to SOR, there was a one barrel up to 3-1969. Then an initial 2 Barrel went to 9-1969. Then a DIFFERENT 2 Barrel after 9-1969. So, I am assuming the 2 Barrel that was a short run, 3/69 to 9/69, is harder to find.

View attachment 2130016

You can have mine for free. It’s in tough shape tho.

Both My T-TEN Carb. 101 Class Student Manuals both the Older / Early Edition smaller Bible size one &

the Larger Grey One Completely Skip over the Partial Production Year 1969 First Generation

Land Cruiser 2bbl. Carburetor entirely like it never even existed ?

odd ......

DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0803.JPG

DSCN1031.JPG

Hello, very nice rig, is that original paint or was it restored and new cluster installed? !?!?! If that is all original its one of the nicer survivors I have ever seen. I have a 69 that is the same color but a fst made 7/68. Please post mo3e pics, engine interior etc. I would l8ve to see more!!!!! Thanks, Matt

Both My T-TEN Carb. 101 Class Student Manuals both the Older / Early Edition smaller Bible size one & the Larger Grey One Completely Skip over the Partial Production Year 1969 First Generation

Land Cruiser 2bbl. Carburetor entirely like it never even existed ?
That's odd because the little 2bbl is on the cover of the early fuel systems book, and it was used on cars from late 60s to mid 70s.

That's odd because the little 2bbl is on the cover of the early fuel systems book, and it was used on cars from late 60s to mid 70s.

Hello Jim :)

I will find that particular Carb. in mY Early Student Training Manual , and See whats its Engine designation

Application is exactly ?

i have only studied in Depth the Land Cruisers and Toyota Pickups carbs to be very honest ,

because thats all i personally ever cared about .............

The Heck with with a Starlet ? during summer internship's @ your Local Dealership we nicknamed

them t " TOILETS " :D

because thats what they looked like with a million oil leaks all under them and in engine bays etc ....

that might have been TOYOTA's first Disposal Car ? u Buy it , drive it , never do any maintenance ,

and when it dies on your Beltway Community home @5pm , you simply walk away with your Left hand

Thumb in the air for a Hitch-Hike and never look back ....................:confused:

The 35/35 2bbl is also used on 6cyl Crown, MkII, and Corona, '67-73. In a heavily smogged version, it carries on for a few more years on Cressida.

ok, few things for you guys to chew on, and provide a little insight. It does have 3700 original miles, but I'm 2nd owner, and it was literally a barn find. The vehicle never left FL, as it spent its first 45 years on a 40 acre farm in Tallahassee. The previous owner removed the original carb, and replaced it with a Rochester 2 jet (see pic), disconnected the choke cables and rigged the throttle plate in the open position, so it would start, but run rich. Hence why I need a new carb. Not only did I not want anything "rigged" under my hood, but I want to get it back as close to OEM / rebuilt as possible. I did the full monty of tune up parts, including points, and fresh fluids. The intake manifold is a 4 stud rectangular housing. So I'm sure I need new choke cables, but I want to make sure I get the right carb.
r8g+sUE1RUaUSnbFHsiaPA.jpg
zjTiGt40RB+SYHc9DxPR8w.jpg

What does your air cleaner look like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom