65 swb fj45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan,

They are on there. Hard to tell in the photo. They are a lot thicker than the stock retainers and do not deform like the stock ones.

Sprung over, 37's and power steering :)

I stopped by but you were not home Its looking good I see you got the Hole cut in the top for the sun roof to bad you couldnt have found a top with a hole in it already :grinpimp: and the firewall looks good also where you cut it out and moved it back 3 inches that big block 427 should fit in there perfect now :bounce:

While your at it,you should dump the silly bed and flatbed it,if you cut up the bed for scrap it will pay for a nice tray,and you should cut an access hole in firewall for adjustable timing on the fly!! Let me know I have some nice 44 boggers for sale:steer:

I stopped by but you were not home Its looking good I see you got the Hole cut in the top for the sun roof to bad you couldnt have found a top with a hole in it already :grinpimp: and the firewall looks good also where you cut it out and moved it back 3 inches that big block 427 should fit in there perfect now :bounce:

Rob, what you didn't see was the new floor I put in. I had to raise the the floor 2 inches to clear the new drive train. I don't want anymore rust issues, so I replaced it with stainless. The sun roof was the wifes idea, since I have a few really good tops to choose I figured I would give it a shot and went ahead cut one up. I cant wait to run the 427 on the street.

While your at it,you should dump the silly bed and flatbed it,if you cut up the bed for scrap it will pay for a nice tray,and you should cut an access hole in firewall for adjustable timing on the fly!! Let me know I have some nice 44 boggers for sale:steer:

Whitey, with the bigger motor I am now have some cooling issues. I am afraid a hole in the firewall will get too hot in the cab. My distributor has dual points, so I wont need to mess with the timing. I am trying to duplicate the look of your truck, but I want to go a bit bigger. I am thinking of running 52's. Thanks for the offer on the 44's though. :) I traded a guy my bed straight across for a service box, I am trying to figure out how to mount it. It looks like I will be forced to cut the frame rails just behind the cab, tube the rest and fab my mounts into it. Any ideas on that?

Looks nice buy it. I bought my shorty 2 years ago....lucked out, it was only 10 minutes from my house..love craigslist....Shorty removable tops are rare rare......

Yo Rob, how'd the header and exhaust work out for the LV..?..Pete here..

Pete I lost your number and address I need to send you something :grinpimp:

Whitey, I finally did it, I am in the process of cutting the bed sides off of the silly looking factory bed. I found the rear quarters from my Notchback are a pretty close fit. Some minor trimming of the new quarters and these should fit perfectly! I dont know why Toyota never put a "styled" type bed side on these things.
1965 swb 177 (Medium).jpg

Tony, while you are in there, a rear swing axle conversion might be nice ,independent rear suspension in a 45! plus 4 more gears! I think maybe I am onto something here!

Whitey, I finally did it, I am in the process of cutting the bed sides off of the silly looking factory bed. I found the rear quarters from my Notchback are a pretty close fit. Some minor trimming of the new quarters and these should fit perfectly! I dont know why Toyota never put a "styled" type bed side on these things.

And you post that I sit back and think I'm witty? wow... you still aspire to dumb

And you post that I sit back and think I'm witty? wow... you still aspire to dumb WTF!!!!!!!

It was a reference/reply to Tony's (rockcod's) post in one of my threads in classifieds for a 30's International we are selling at the shop - an inside joke if you will. He will know the meaning of the post while you may not. Relax Whitey!

Last edited:
No sweat Terry ,we do the same thing,I just couldn't figure out what the heck you were referring to....

No sweat Terry ,we do the same thing,I just couldn't figure out what the heck you were referring to....
He randomly shows up in my threads, posts a bunch of irrelevant jibberish and thinks its amusing. In his mind, I'm sure it is because he is a simple person. "Special", if you will. I try and return the favor occasionally because it makes him feel accepted and "one of the pack", he's the one on the right...

lion-king-hyenas.jpeg

Epic FAIL, Lumpy!!!!!!!

Thanks for the back up Whitey, Jackass and I go way back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom